Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Thread: EFT's - How long does your bank take to process? (18 Posts)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EFT's - How long does your bank take to process?

So I'm with Standard Bank right now and they can take an age to process an EFT, which is pretty annoying...
    Even transfers from one Standard to another Standard account can a while

So what are other banks like compared to Standard.
    Couple hours, 1 day, couple days?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with FNB - EFT from one FNB account to another - immediate, including Sundays & Public Holidays. Have noticed that when doing an EFT to ABSA and STD may take a few days - Nedbank it all depends sometimes one day other times a couple of days all depending if doing an EFT over month end or not.

Click here to view my items

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by svw View Post
    I'm with FNB - EFT from one FNB account to another - immediate, including Sundays & Public Holidays. Have noticed that when doing an EFT to ABSA and STD may take a few days - Nedbank it all depends sometimes one day other times a couple of days all depending if doing an EFT over month end or not.
    Man that sucks, I performed an EFT yesterday morning from a STD to STD account and it still hasn't gone through..
    Bloody banks.

Post Thanks / Like

From ABSA to ABSA is immediately. For a fee you can transfer from ABSA to FNB immediately, otherwise it takes a day or two. If you do the EFT from ABSA or FNB to another bank before 12pm, it usually clears by the following afternoon/evening.
    View my items for sale

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have - Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Standard Bank are notoriously inefficient. They usually experience delays at month end and pay days.
    bidorbuy Operations Manager

Post Thanks / Like

with nedbank from account to account is about 2 minutes. from nedbank to absa +- 3 hours in the middle of the month and on month end it can take about 3 days. absa to fnb also 3-4 days. if u use standard bank forget about eft, go stand in the line in the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also with Std. Sometimes I strike it lucky and an eft goes through within 2-12 hours. The longest i have had to wait was three working days. I wouldn't change my sub-Std for all the money in the world

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qball View Post
    Standard Bank are notoriously inefficient. They usually experience delays at month end and pay days.
    I wonder if thats the reason for them changing their slogan from "Simpler Better Faster", they could not live up to it!
    Put another way :- They Simply could not do Better than other banks which were Faster.........LoL
    I don't like them either, use them as little as possible, their charges are as terrible as their service.
    Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyle2 View Post
    I wonder if thats the reason for them changing their slogan from "Simpler Better Faster", they could not live up to it!
    Put another way :- They Simply could not do Better than other banks which were Faster.........LoL
    I don't like them either, use them as little as possible, their charges are as terrible as their service.
    Especially when you've got seller's enforcing their "within 3 days, or else" payment policy like the mafia Here's you EFT'ing like a good buyer, but it's your frikken bank that drops (or fumbles in this case) the ball..

But yeah it seems all banks are as useless as the next these days.. but in terms of EFT's, STD is the pits.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Standard bank are the worst. Had a buyer who made immediate payment from Std to Std on an item he bought on the 7th and the BoB EFT cleared 56 hours later.. Thats not month end or payday issues... sounds more like incompetance issues

Post Thanks / Like

Nedbank to Nedbank and ABSA to ABSA is immediately, if you make an EFT before 11.59am from Nedbank of ABSA it will clear within a day.

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Capitec . They are brilliant . Same bank payments are immediate and payments from other banks reflect the same day if done before midday and the next day if payment is made in the afternoon . I have been very impressed .
    consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amcintyre View Post
    I'm also with Std. Sometimes I strike it lucky and an eft goes through within 2-12 hours. The longest i have had to wait was three working days. I wouldn't change my sub-Std for all the money in the world
    Same here!
    I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Post Thanks / Like

bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Post Thanks / Like

Never had problems with Standard Bank in the past. I received EFT within a few hours. I won't change to any other bank