Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Thread: Aluma wallets (16 Posts)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aluma wallets

I bought some of these Aluma wallets on Bid or Buy and one thing I can say is that they are NOT waterproof. It rained at my place yesterday and my wallet fell in the water. I picked it up immediateley. When I opened it there was some water inside...not a lot but it is not waterproof as claimed.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny I was going to e mail the BoB seller yesterday re the same wallets, I only opened mine the other day and looked at it for the first time yesterday....firstly it appears to be plastic not Anodized Aluminum and secondly when the wallet is closed one can see right through the "closed" surfaces of the wallet......"waterproof"!!!!

The numerous BoB sellers selling this product all appear to use the original Aluminum products advertizing material but sell a Chinese knock off!!!!

I will report back once I have spoken to the seller!

A Wonderful Festive Season to all.

David

Last edited by alloway65; 23-12-11 at 09:32. Reason: additional info!
    My age is but an irrelevant number !
    Items I am selling.

Post Thanks / Like

I also bought two of them - WHAT WAS I THINKING?????

It was opened and immediately hidden where I could not see them anymore.

BIG waste of money!
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

Aluma wallets are only water resistant not waterproof.

Water resistant = Hindering the penetration of water
    Waterproof = Not permitting the passage of water
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi All,

Aluma wallets are only water resistant not waterproof.

Water resistant = Hindering the penetration of water
    Waterproof = Not permitting the passage of water
    I might just be a poor retired Scottish Engineer but I do understand Materials & English and the difference between waterproof and water resistant!!!!!

The product information states, for all to see, water resistant material and waterproof!!!!

What about the fact that the wallet is sold as Aluminum but is in fact injection molded from plastic!!!

Quite a few cases of misrepresentation...........I think............in my humble opinion!!!!!

Seasons greetings to all.

David
    Items I am selling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moppies View Post
    I also bought two of them - WHAT WAS I THINKING?????

It was opened and immediately hidden where I could not see them anymore.

BIG waste of money!
    You were thinking, like me, that most BoB Sellers are honest and actually know what they are selling!!!!!
    Items I am selling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alloway65 View Post
    I might just be a poor retired Scottish Engineer but I do understand Materials & English and the difference between waterproof and water resistant!!!!!

The product information states, for all to see, water resistant material and waterproof!!!!

What about the fact that the wallet is sold as Aluminum but is in fact injection molded from plastic!!!

Quite a few cases of misrepresentation...........I think............in my humble opinion!!!!!

Seasons greetings to all.

David
    Hi Mr. D,

I did not intend to insult anyone's intelligence with my post, according to my research on these Aluma wallets, they are only water resistant so if they are submerged in water, the contents will get wet. Apologies if my earlier quick reply insulted anyone.

Most of the websites I viewed started off with water resistant, but later in the article mentioned waterproof, just as confusing to me as using the words poor and retired Engineer in one sentence Seems as though a lot of people do not know there is a difference between water resistant and waterproof.

From the Official Aluma website, which has a poor WOT reputation by the way, no mention of waterproof :

Have an old, overstuffed wallet that's hard to fit in your pockets or handbag? Need a better way to hold on to your money and cards? Get the new Aluma Wallet! This aluminum wallet is light weight, slim, water resistant and completely indestructible! Designed for everyone, Aluma Wallet will safely and securely hold your items.

So, in my opinion, if you bought one on bidorbuy and it is not made of aluminum, it should be reported as a fake.
    Last edited by admin; 23-12-11 at 21:39.
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi Mr. D,

I did not intend to insult anyone's intelligence with my post, according to my research on these Aluma wallets, they are only water resistant so if they are submerged in water, the contents will get wet. Apologies if my earlier quick reply insulted anyone.

Most of the websites I viewed started off with water resistant, but later in the article mentioned waterproof, just as confusing to me as using the words poor and retired Engineer in one sentence Seems as though a lot of people do not know there is a difference between water resistant and waterproof.

From the Official Aluma website, which has a poor WOT reputation by the way, no mention of waterproof :

Have an old, overstuffed wallet that's hard to fit in your pockets or handbag? Need a better way to hold on to your money and cards? Get the new Aluma Wallet! This aluminum wallet is light weight, slim, water resistant and completely indestructible! Designed for everyone, Aluma Wallet will safely and securely hold your items.

So, in my opinion, if you bought one on bidorbuy and it is not made of aluminum, it should be reported as a fake.
    No hard feelings...just a debate!!!

Poor is a relative term…..I am poor relative to Donald Trump, but not poor relative to many others!

WOT....wot is this!!!!!

Looking at the official Aluma website is not relevant as the Aluma product is not being offered. I have not looked at it.

I assume that the official advertising spiel from the original Aluma product is being used, this is a Copyright infringement....I would imagine.
    The BoB selling page photos show an anodized aluminum wallet exterior; this is not what is being offered.
    The product being offered by quite a few BoB sellers is plastic not aluminum!
    It is mentioned…….as advertised on TV, but the original aluminum Aluma product was possibly advertised on TV……. not the plastic copy being offered and sold on BoB.
    Selling imitation or fake products is not allowed on BoB…I think!
    The main selling points are that the wallet is made of aluminum (strong) and is waterproof....non are true.

Take care

David

Items I am selling.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add that a wallet could ever be water proof if it fell into a puddle of water! Basically these wallets can only be splash proof. You can not completely seal a wallet or a purse which ever.
    I Believe....
    That it's taking me a long time To become the person I want to be.

Post Thanks / Like

I came across the Aluma Wallets again by accident....can one assume now that the dozens of Aluma Wallets on Auction on BoB are the real and genuine Aluminium Wallets?????
    Items I am selling.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a pimped out cigarette holder.

Get yourself a nice Diesel Leather wallet man!
    Last edited by vortechz; 18-01-12 at 16:04.
    Numismatics: "A pursuit involving a veneer of scholarship hiding a core of greed."

Post Thanks / Like

Due to the huge amount of uncertainty and contradictions around these products (authenticity and product features) we have decided to remove them.
    bidorbuy Operations Manager

Post Thanks / Like

I went to China Town for the first time yesterday (behind Century City) and actually saw dozens of these wallets. When asked, the lady said " oh, good purse. Plenty buy many. Mmmm...ok, so lots of people buy them...to resell? They're definitely not authentic. Just looking at the packaging says a lot. Genuine items made in China. Thanks for taking this step qball.

Post Thanks / Like

Please do note, that some are authentic, and are sold by HomeMark
    bidorbuy Operations Manager

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qball View Post
    Please do note, that some are authentic, and are sold by HomeMark
    I have seen them advertized at Game in the newspapers and I would assume they are real!
    Items I am selling.