Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Thread: Live Auctions in Cape Town!!! (29 Posts)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wayjen View Post
    we even went for burgers and coffee afterwards, I can go sleep now.

*VIVA Burgers, VIVA*
    You lucky bugger.......I had to eat stupid blooming toasted tuna sandwiches.....YUCK :(
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

ha ha ha you better come with next time, I will pack us some closed breads (toebroodjies).

Post Thanks / Like

ha ha ha you better come with next time, I will pack us some closed breads (toebroodjies).
    I will have a word with him Saturday, although he did give Jade a graduation gown last week & probably saved us close on R1000.00 but still........burgers opposed to silly tuna :D
    what you putting on the sarmies?
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

ag thats nice and he is like that hey. He bid on 2 sets of LP's for me but we found that they were all water damaged so did not talk them although he bid on them.

About the sarmies i would have to see what i find ha ha ha there might be some peanut butter left ha ha ha

Post Thanks / Like

ag thats nice and he is like that hey. He bid on 2 sets of LP's for me but we found that they were all water damaged so did not talk them although he bid on them.

About the sarmies i would have to see what i find ha ha ha there might be some peanut butter left ha ha ha

You have mail :D
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Post Thanks / Like

ha ha ha i see so.

Post Thanks / Like

went to my second auction yesterday and what an experience needless to say i will be i will be busy for weeks to come.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about coming home with an assortment of things. I get rapped over the knuckles for even daring to go to an auction - we're trying to declutter our home and lives and then I go and bring in more "stuff".
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Post Thanks / Like

just to see and learn new things is awesome now we just trying to get Jenny to come with next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you realise that Jenny will want to buy a whole lot more than you do, Wayne? It is something a woman has no control over when attending an auction ... LOL

Post Thanks / Like

ha ha ha i know she is over the moon at the stuff standing our place full and wants to go to one before the school starts.

the prices are mindblowing to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's absolutely amazing how prices go. If you're the only one bidding it's fantastic and you get bargains and if someone else wants the thing more than you the prices can be totally unrealistic. I remember many years ago when the carpet factory burnt down in East London and they were selling "water-logged and smoke damaged" carpets - which were filthy - and people were bidding more than the new, good carpets were selling for. I was at that auction and I just stood back, totally flabbergasted. (Needless to say, I didn't bid on any of the carpets!)

There's quite a difference, definitely more excitement, about actually being present during a live auction - compared with online bidding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilythepink View Post
    Yes, it's absolutely amazing how prices go. If you're the only one bidding it's fantastic and you get bargains and if someone else wants the thing more than you the prices can be totally unrealistic. I remember many years ago when the carpet factory burnt down in East London and they were selling "water-logged and smoke damaged" carpets - which were filthy - and people were bidding more than the new, good carpets were selling for. I was at that auction and I just stood back, totally flabbergasted. (Needless to say, I didn't bid on any of the carpets!)

There's quite a difference, definitely more excitement, about actually being present during a live auction - compared with online bidding.
    & when somebody bids higher than you on an item you wanted, you have the satisfaction of giving them a "if looks could kill" glare :D
    Last edited by voldermort; 26-06-10 at 19:05.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Post Thanks / Like

hi guys. yes auctions can be fun whether buying or selling. if selling though you should always have a positive outlook and be prepared to lose your money. we have been doing auctions for many years and even made a good living from it until we started selling furniture. money was good but it was like moving house every day. have fun while you can