Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  • Thread: Live Auctions in Cape Town!!! (29 Posts)
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayjen View Post
    we even went for burgers and coffee afterwards, I can go sleep now.

    *VIVA Burgers, VIVA*
    You lucky bugger.......I had to eat stupid blooming toasted tuna sandwiches.....YUCK :(
    VIEW MY ITEMS!



    “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ha ha ha you better come with next time, I will pack us some closed breads (toebroodjies).

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayjen View Post
    ha ha ha you better come with next time, I will pack us some closed breads (toebroodjies).
    I will have a word with him Saturday, although he did give Jade a graduation gown last week & probably saved us close on R1000.00 but still........burgers opposed to silly tuna :D
    what you putting on the sarmies?
    VIEW MY ITEMS!



    “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ag thats nice and he is like that hey. He bid on 2 sets of LP's for me but we found that they were all water damaged so did not talk them although he bid on them.

    About the sarmies i would have to see what i find ha ha ha there might be some peanut butter left ha ha ha

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayjen View Post
    ag thats nice and he is like that hey. He bid on 2 sets of LP's for me but we found that they were all water damaged so did not talk them although he bid on them.

    About the sarmies i would have to see what i find ha ha ha there might be some peanut butter left ha ha ha

    You have mail :D
    VIEW MY ITEMS!



    “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ha ha ha i see so.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    went to my second auction yesterday and what an experience needless to say i will be i will be busy for weeks to come.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    10,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know what you mean about coming home with an assortment of things. I get rapped over the knuckles for even daring to go to an auction - we're trying to declutter our home and lives and then I go and bring in more "stuff".
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just to see and learn new things is awesome now we just trying to get Jenny to come with next time.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    10,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you realise that Jenny will want to buy a whole lot more than you do, Wayne? It is something a woman has no control over when attending an auction ... LOL
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ha ha ha i know she is over the moon at the stuff standing our place full and wants to go to one before the school starts.

    the prices are mindblowing to say the least.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    10,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes, it's absolutely amazing how prices go. If you're the only one bidding it's fantastic and you get bargains and if someone else wants the thing more than you the prices can be totally unrealistic. I remember many years ago when the carpet factory burnt down in East London and they were selling "water-logged and smoke damaged" carpets - which were filthy - and people were bidding more than the new, good carpets were selling for. I was at that auction and I just stood back, totally flabbergasted. (Needless to say, I didn't bid on any of the carpets!)

    There's quite a difference, definitely more excitement, about actually being present during a live auction - compared with online bidding.
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilythepink View Post
    Yes, it's absolutely amazing how prices go. If you're the only one bidding it's fantastic and you get bargains and if someone else wants the thing more than you the prices can be totally unrealistic. I remember many years ago when the carpet factory burnt down in East London and they were selling "water-logged and smoke damaged" carpets - which were filthy - and people were bidding more than the new, good carpets were selling for. I was at that auction and I just stood back, totally flabbergasted. (Needless to say, I didn't bid on any of the carpets!)

    There's quite a difference, definitely more excitement, about actually being present during a live auction - compared with online bidding.
    & when somebody bids higher than you on an item you wanted, you have the satisfaction of giving them a "if looks could kill" glare :D
    Last edited by voldermort; 26-06-10 at 19:05.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!



    “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    hi guys. yes auctions can be fun whether buying or selling. if selling though you should always have a positive outlook and be prepared to lose your money. we have been doing auctions for many years and even made a good living from it until we started selling furniture. money was good but it was like moving house every day. have fun while you can

Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •