Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique typewriter

I have been tasked with clearing out a friend's house which has been sold (she's now in the UK). One of the items which has been unearthed is a Remington Rand Model Seven, Noiseless portable typewriter (circa 1930).

It's not in great shape but still looks good. Is this worth anything? My first instinct was to goldleaf it and sell it as an ornament. However I am getting a lot of opposition from friends who say I will ruin it's value. Personally I don't think it's worth a lot, it's not like it was an antique table which even I know not to paint :D .

Regards
    Maggie

Hmmm I'm no expert at all but yes, my friend managed to purchase a few very very old typewriters from that era and they were like R50 each (although I think she may have gotten one or two for free even) so I don't know if they would be worth much, shipping alone would cost more than the item's value.
    Clothes|Accessories|Shoes|Stuff!

Comment

That's what I thought. I think I will spend some time over the holidays goldleafing it. Maybe start a new trend.

This typewritter has caused much amusement in our family. One of my family (who shall remain nameless) wondered where it was plugged in. I don't think my kids have ever seen a typewritter before, let alone such an old one.

Regards
      Maggie

Comment

I'm a youngin' and I used to write by an old electronic typewriter that I purchased from my highschool who had stopped giving typing classes. I just preferred the striking sounds of the keys and the instantness of the results as opposed to writing and saving to disk then printing something out by a printer. But then after a while I had to give it up cos I couldn't find the ink ribbons anymore, it became such a mission. Now it's sitting next to my desk wrapped up collecting dust :(
        Clothes|Accessories|Shoes|Stuff!

Comment

Working...
        X