Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on antique chair

I have come into possesion of a antique chair and would really appreciate any info I can get as to its age and value?

thanks
    Attached Files
    If the sunrise was meant to be appreciated it would only come up at 10am!
    Items I have for sale.

It is called a:

Caesar’s Royal Lions Hand-Carved Throne Chair

Baroque style

if genuine approx 3500- 40 000

have it assed by Sotheby's

and do not be scared of a reserve placed by then, it usualy achieves 10x as much

Chairs and tables like that achieve astronomical prices, a simple Duncan Phife table can set you back USD$ 120 000

regards SACGS SUPPORT
    Last edited by SA Coin Grading; 25-03-10, 12:54.

Comment

thank you! will be calling Sotheby's today
      Items I have for sale.

Comment

WOW! :o That is stunning!
        Visit my hive!

Comment

You can send a photo to Sotheby's in Cape Town--goes under Stephen Welz--Email ct@ctn.sothebys.co.za
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

I always feel so happy when someone "comes across" a bargain. Hope it is worth every dollar that it seems to be ...!
            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

thanks guys and gals have spoken to Sotheby's and they have a guy in the area next week who is going to come and check it out, but they are talking in 40000 to 80000 price range!! I am stunned to say the least as I offered the poor guy I got it from R500 if this plays out well I will definately go and give him a couple thousand more!!
              Items I have for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubbi View Post
                thanks guys and gals have spoken to Sotheby's and they have a guy in the area next week who is going to come and check it out, but they are talking in 40000 to 80000 price range!! I am stunned to say the least as I offered the poor guy I got it from R500 if this plays out well I will definately go and give him a couple thousand more!!
                Lightning only strikes once.
                You paid in good faith and unless he is short of cash rather keep quiet otherwise they start asking questions.
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

my wife says the same thing, but he is short on cash so if it goes that way I will slip something under his door late at night? he does not need to know it was me? and I will feel better!
                  Items I have for sale.

Comment

It looks superb, and you done the right thing by contacting them.

Remember:

You will not find a 'Rembrand, van Gogh, and or a Monet' sold by any other means but by public auction.

The same applies to rarities like these..

Comment

my wife says the same thing, but he is short on cash so if it goes that way I will slip something under his door late at night? he does not need to know it was me? and I will feel better!
                      Nubbi - you restore one's faith in humankind! That would be the most wonderful surprise for a man who is battling. Bless you! :)

Comment

I want to come and "test" your beautiful chair - how much will you charge per test run?
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

Originally posted by moppies View Post
                          I want to come and "test" your beautiful chair - how much will you charge per test run?
                          Moppies, please don't put your feet up on the chair! lol

Comment

hi guys, just thought I would let you know - I got R36000-00 for the chair!!!!! wow!!! put R6000-00 in envelope for original owner and slipped it under his door now I dont feel like a complete shark!!

thanks for all the advice - you guys rock!!
                            Items I have for sale.

Comment

Lovely one Nubbi - winners all round. :D
                              Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Working...
                              X