No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Appraised Art Category

Hi,
    Has Anybody Used This New Function To Appraise Art And Found That The Appraisals Values Are Not That Great ??? Or Misleading ?
    The Bob Appraiser Is Listing His Art For Sale On Bob. I Personally Feel That The Appraiser Should Be Independent From Selling Art On Bob .
    Thanks

Originally posted by artworks View Post
    Hi,
    Has Anybody Used This New Function To Appraise Art And Found That The Appraisals Values Are Not That Great ??? Or Misleading ?
    The Bob Appraiser Is Listing His Art For Sale On Bob. I Personally Feel That The Appraiser Should Be Independent From Selling Art On Bob .
    Thanks

I wasn't happy with the appraised value on a piece I submitted - and as such will not be using this feature. I didn't realise the appraiser was also a seller on BoB...
    VIEW MY ITEMS!!

Comment

The Appraised Art Category

Hi everybody,

We started the appraised art category to try and instil a bit of confidence in the buyers on bidorbuy that they were buying truly authentic South African art.

Unfortunately, along the way, we experienced a few glitches which have made some sellers quite unhappy.
      In order for us to rethink the strategy of the new category - to make it more fair and efficient - it will be closed until further notice.

Thank you

Natalie_R: Category Manager for Fashion; Books & Education and Art - bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest online market place.
      bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Hi there

I think the appraised art section although a noble and pleasing concept, is a bit tough to pull off, unless you are going to employ a full time independent art expert. I saw some strange values listed under this section.

I think it would be better to monitor the existing categories and improve them first. A point in fact is the ongoing irritation being caused by mass produced Chinese paintings that are being sold as original South African art. This is a very quick and simple matter to police and would greatly improve the site.

I am very impressed though with the new layout, looks good!

Kind regards

Comment

Working...
        X