Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to value a second hand car

Hi I need to know how to put a price on a second hand car. I am buying a car from my brother in law but he says that I should pay him what I feel the car is worth or that I should get a price for it. How do I calculate what the market value of it is? :?

Contact any new or used car dealership, they will be able to tell you what the current retail, trade-in and resale value is. Alternatively the AA or any short term insurance company.

Hope this helps.
    We do IT!
    See all our listings here...

Comment

Hi shamotz,

You could go to the nearest second hand car dealer and give them the make and model of the car. Ask them for the trade-in amount.

In Afrikaans it is called "boekie waarde" don't know what that is in English.

Regards,

Andries
      Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - Martin Luther King
      See all my stuff up for grabs!

Comment

Thanks bube02 and Andries.

Know of any reputable dealerships near cresta?

Comment

If you want the book value you can phone any dealer. You don't have to take the car in to them.

If the car is in good condition, I suggest you go for the book value. They all have a book with every car on the market's value.

Comment

Market Value of a Car

It is derived from a handbook called the Mead & McGrouther Auto Dealer's Digest.

The simple equation is:

Market Value = Trade + Retail divided by two.

The above is used for insurance purposes but can be used as a yard stick.
            bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
            bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Originally posted by admin
              Mead & McGrouther Auto Dealer's Digest.
              Thank you Admin, that is where they look in to give you the "boekie waarde". Think it is book value in English, directly translated. :?

Comment

Hi Shamotz

On Beyers Naude drive is the CAM garage also known as Jurgens Motors. I think it is on the corner ofAlice. I don't know if the owner is still Johann Jurgens, but I have had many dealings with him in the past and he seemed like a nice, honest guy. I am sure if you take the vehicle to him, he will tell you what it is worth.

Hope I'm not contravining any forum rules by posting these details.
                We do IT!
                See all our listings here...

Comment

Thank you all, I will go to see him tomorrow if I can :D

Comment

The cars value depend on 3 things, the original price, the mileage, and the year. You can check out the website book value which calculates the value of your car online. It give the book value, trade in value and the retail value

Comment

Give me the year model,vehicle description,kilometre reading and i will give you the M&M suggested trade and retail out of the October book.Original price has nothing to do with it
                      Click here for great deals!

Comment

White subaru Impreza 2.5RS Sportwagon AWD, late 2005 model, 81 000kms... Excellent condition, FSH, extended warranty and maintenance plan (2yrs/40000km) to 100000km's, climate control, ABS, airbags, new tyres, 112kw... what else do you need.... sorry hijacking thread here...:p

Looking to trade mine in... :)

Comment

Ring Talk Radio 702 Car show on Fridays 19:00-20:00 they will give you the value, great show!

Comment

Originally posted by qball View Post
                            White subaru Impreza 2.5RS Sportwagon AWD, late 2005 model, 81 000kms... Excellent condition, FSH, extended warranty and maintenance plan (2yrs/40000km) to 100000km's, climate control, ABS, airbags, new tyres, 112kw... what else do you need.... sorry hijacking thread here...:p

Looking to trade mine in... :)
                            Hi , this is the suggested trade and retail value on your car however it doesnt mean a garage will pay you that,they work on what you buying,
                            trade 94800 and retail is 109800
                            Click here for great deals!

Comment

Damn.. i STILL can't afford Cuan's wagon :eek: *dramatic sigh*
                              What's for sale today?

Comment

Working...
                              X