Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I view an item?

What are the best options for safely allowing a buyer to view an item such as a motorbike .

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you meaning that as a buyer you wish to physically view the item before buying - or vice versa?
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Both I would suppose. I'm not clear on this aspect. Is it practice for buyers to physically view an item before making a bid or offering to buy?

The buyer takes responsibility for what he buys.

As a seller,do I have an obligation to allow a prospective purchaser to view an item at my discretion and under conditions suitable to me?

Basically, don"t people inspect before they buy? :)

Comment

There is no physical contact between seller and buyer until the deal is done.

In other words, you have to decide whether to buy using the tools available, in this case, your computer.

As to being a buyer, I suggest you study this post:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/viewtopic.php?t=7148

Only the rags, e.g. junkmail and the smalls in the larger rags allow you to telephone the seller and arrange a viewing.

Summary: bidorbuy does not allow contact bewteen seller and buyer during the deal process. Only once the deal has been concluded will contact details be revealed.

Comment

Conclusion of 'deal'

Does 'conclusion of deal' mean agreement to buy or include payment being made.
          In the first instance,is there recourse if the buyer refuses to pay or conclude the deal,after having agreed to buy on bidorbuy ?

Comment

Read this:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/static/hel..._Main.html#BUY

Comment

Or you may list it as a classified ad - where you can list your contact details, and then complete the deal after the prospective buyer makes contact with you - then they can view the item if this is arranged with you. But for auctions and buy nows, there is no contact allowed or viewing of the item before hand. For more info on Classifieds:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/static/hel...Sell_Post.html

Regards
              Cuan

Comment

Working...
              X