No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellphone bought not as described

Hi folks
    I bought a cell phone almost 1 month back. On delivery, the item was not as described, was missing a stylus and memory card, an advertised music voucher would not work. Also the keyguard button does not work.
    I contacted the seller and requested the missing items and correction of the non-owrking button. He promised all this.
    Since the phone was in a 2 year guarantee vodacom box, I took the phone to vodacare to try and have the standby button fixed, but they state the phone has not been registed on their networ, whatever that means.
    The seller has come back with nothing after almost a full month.
    What would the best course of action be here?
    Thanks!

Contact BoB

Originally posted by belix View Post
    Hi folks
    I bought a cell phone almost 1 month back. On delivery, the item was not as described, was missing a stylus and memory card, an advertised music voucher would not work. Also the keyguard button does not work.
    I contacted the seller and requested the missing items and correction of the non-owrking button. He promised all this.
    Since the phone was in a 2 year guarantee vodacom box, I took the phone to vodacare to try and have the standby button fixed, but they state the phone has not been registed on their networ, whatever that means.
    The seller has come back with nothing after almost a full month.
    What would the best course of action be here?
    Thanks!
    If this is the phone I suspect you are talking about, then the seller needs to know that BoB has been alerted. You asked some questions and this was one of the questions asked by another buyer...

Q
    Hi there, does the phone come with box and accessories? Thanks - Asked by scooby784 (65 )
    01 May 22:54
    A
    Yes all included .

Email hello@bidorbuy.co.za and explain what your concerns are - include the web link to the item in question. They should advise you about what to do next.

Good luck - it is a lot of money to pay for a less than complete phone!
    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Super, many thanks!

Comment

Well BoB not been to much help so far. Still just promises from seller 6 weeks after sale...
        :(

Comment

Whoops!

Originally posted by belix View Post
          Well BoB not been to much help so far. Still just promises from seller 6 weeks after sale... :(
          OK - suggest you copy your original email to community watch (communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za) stating that nothing further has happened. Copy this email to hello@bidorbuy.co.za.

And

write a short letter (or email) of final demand to the seller - copied to both communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and to hello@bidorbuy.co.za

It is HORRIBLE when these things happen!

Not sure what is going on because most of the time BoB seems to help with these things but does not appear to be much use in this instance??:(

Come on BoB!
          "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Hi All

Please notify hello@bidorbuy.co.za only. Sending multiple mails means they will be assigned to different staff, thus duplicating the work that needs to be done, this not only ties up staff resources dealing with the same issue, it takes longer to resolve. Hello is our customer service address, whilst Communitywatch goes to our security team, they are separate departments. Please only send one email or copy of the communication to us, this will mean your query will be responded to by one person.

Many users feel that if they send emails to all the contact addresses we have it will get quicker attention, unfortunately all it does is add more delays and wastes valuable staff resources as the issue then becomes dealt with by more than 1 staff member. Please also remember to reply only on the one ticket number you receive from us, and not send new emails to us, this also causes delays. With one ticket number, one staff member can deal with the issue, and has a history stored on the email thread.

Once we receive your query we will ask the seller to address the situation.

Thank you
            Cuan

Comment

Apologies...

Originally posted by qball View Post
              Hi All

Please notify hello@bidorbuy.co.za only. Sending multiple mails means they will be assigned to different staff, thus duplicating the work that needs to be done, this not only ties up staff resources dealing with the same issue, it takes longer to resolve. Hello is our customer service address, whilst Communitywatch goes to our security team, they are separate departments. Please only send one email or copy of the communication to us, this will mean your query will be responded to by one person.

Many users feel that if they send emails to all the contact addresses we have it will get quicker attention, unfortunately all it does is add more delays and wastes valuable staff resources as the issue then becomes dealt with by more than 1 staff member. Please also remember to reply only on the one ticket number you receive from us, and not send new emails to us, this also causes delays. With one ticket number, one staff member can deal with the issue, and has a history stored on the email thread.

Once we receive your query we will ask the seller to address the situation.

Thank you
              Cuan
              I stand corrected - thank you for clearing up my misunderstanding of the situation Cuan. Glad that you will be able to assist belix in this matter.

Comment

Thanks for replies folks, will let you know what happens...
                At this point would really like to send the whole lot back for a refund, but don't imagine that would be the most intelligent expectation to have...

Comment

Well BoB does nothing except just email the guy sayin "please respond". Great help. Anyway, given seller a negative rating, and guess that's the end of it :(
                  He'll probably change the positive rating he gave me for making payment on the day out of spite.
                  This payment up front is not so great.
                  BoB should offer some intermediary fund holding service, but I guess the admin would be a nightmare.

Comment

Unfortunately we have to try contact the seller first for a response as there may be circumstances or issues that neither of us are aware of. We cannot make assumptions about these issues and must get a response from the seller. If the seller does not respond within the next few days, we would advise contacting the police to open a case of theft against the seller. The seller has been logging on this month, so hopefully they will respond to our mail first.

Due to the nature of internet transactions, it is common and accepted practice for a seller to receive the funds first before sending goods off. Unfortunately bidorbuy does not offer escrow facilities and there is no one locally who can provide such services, we may look at introducing something like this, but there are major issues to research first before implementing some sort of escrow facility.

Unfortunately there is a process to follow before we can proceed with further action against the seller.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

Thank you
                    Cuan

Comment

Update - have just spoken to seller, he is apparantly sending the outstanding items to you.

Kind regards
                      Cuan

Comment

Working...
                      X