No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellphone Numbers Collectible?

Hi All

This is me :o - just saw a cellphone number going for R1000. Have they become collectable items? Are we going to see "vintage", "antique", "classic" numbers in the nearby future?

Time for me to start bugging my family for all their old sims. Gonna collect me a trunk load-ful and become super rich!

I am really confused? Could someone please explain?

Regards
    Sandy
    "It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness" - Chinese Proverb
    "Be always at war with ur vices, at peace with ur neighbors and let each New Day find u a better Person"

Hi Sandy,

It is called superstition, I believe.

So you have not seen this post then ? http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/showthread.php?t=3139
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Hi Admin

Superstition could be a lucrative biz.

Anyone have any rabbits for sale? I will start making the crutches in the morning!:)
      "It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness" - Chinese Proverb
      "Be always at war with ur vices, at peace with ur neighbors and let each New Day find u a better Person"

Comment

Hi b&b ,

Sorry to burst your bubble but the cards expire after a few months of no usage , so if you were to collect you would have to use the cards ( all 5000 of them ) every now and then ,,,,
        Btw. that number will then be allocated to the new contract or a new pre paid starter pack
        Warm regards
        vertigo

Comment

I just bought a number for R2000.

The reason is because it's a very easy number to remember and that is great for your clients. It's the same with domain names ect. There have been domain names worth millions just because of the simplicity and popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            Hi Sandy,

It is called superstition, I believe.

So you have not seen this post then ? http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/showthread.php?t=3139
            Well, I am not allowed to view this thread which you've posted, Andries. I get a BoB message telling me I do not have permission to view your thread as posted, and asking me if I am trying to post on someone else's account or some other equally darstardly deed! Or it tells me I am not allowed to post.

BoB forum..jpg

The Beak is innocent, I tell you. All The Bird did was try to log onto your thread.

What is happening ...???
            Last edited by lilythepink; 02-12-10, 09:31.
            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

I got the same message.
              Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

Originally posted by JPBon View Post
                I got the same message.
                JP, it seems that you and I are on the same wavelength on this forum?! ROFL

Comment

I think admin forgot he has privileges that we dont have

JPBon, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
                  Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

Originally posted by JPBon View Post
                    [B]I think admin forgot he has privileges that we dont have
                    Should we be jealous, JP?

Comment

Originally posted by lilythepink View Post
                      Should we be jealous, JP?
                      Nope Im not the jealous kind.

Comment

Try now... Andries moved this to the freezer, so it was not viewable unless you have admin rights.

Comment

I think this seller is hoping for a miracle, The number has 786 'in the middle somewhere'. The desirable numbers have the normal 082/3/4 786 1234, hence they actually begin with 786.
                          Mine starts with 687 if anyones interested in buying it for R1,000,000.00 LOL
                          Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

If anyone's interested, the MD of Vodacom supposedly has a number that goes something like this : 082 082 082*, you fill in the blank/s. LOL
                            Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by kyle2 View Post
                              I think this seller is hoping for a miracle, The number has 786 'in the middle somewhere'. The desirable numbers have the normal 082/3/4 786 1234, hence they actually begin with 786.
                              Mine starts with 687 if anyones interested in buying it for R1,000,000.00 LOL
                              I'm interested!

Comment

Working...
                              X