Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica's Not Genuine

There are certain sellers on BOB who are passing off relica or counterfeit brand name handbags and wallets to unsuspecting buyers. The buyer could be you!
    Specifically one seller is clearly avoiding questions which would prove authenticity and being rather rude in their responses!!!! Uncalled for I would say - perhaps a guilty conscience??? As far as I'm concerned those trying to make an honest living are being done in and these sellers are making not only a bad name for the product - but in our case BOB sellers are combed with the same comb. If asked a question answer without sarcasm please, it is rude and uncalled for. Is there not a forum where the BOB team investigates whether items sold on their site are the real deal (if this is what the seller claims)?

Hi there.. If you feel the item's authenticity is in question, & the seller won't answer you properly - on the item page, use the report icon & report it to community watch so that they can take it further. Misrepresentation is similar to lying, in my books anyway, & I'm sure bidorbuy will take it seriously..
    I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Yes, misrepresentation is very serious and needs to be reported to community watch.
      I take this very seriously as I have recently had a case where a buyer had a previous bad experience with another seller and automatically expected the same from me.
      The sellers on BoB are definitely judged by buyers previous experiences.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hi, yeah BOB would certainly take it very seriously. They try to keep stuff like that away. You'll
        probably have to supply them with more info, but it isviewed in as erious light and against BidorBuy listing policy as far as I know. Contact them at hello@bidorbuy.co.za
        "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

Well said Tananka, and genuine buyers' and sellers' alike shoulder the responsibility with BOB to create this environment.

Comment

How right you all are! Well spotted and, hopefully, reported.
            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Please report suspected fake or counterfeit goods to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, with evidence to support such claims (for instance if you bought a bag and took it to an authorised stockist who confirmed that it is not authentic), we can then take action against the seller. Alternatively we can ask the seller to provide us with proof that the items are authentic. Given the nature of our business and the internet, there are obvious practical limitations and constraints when it comes to vetting products listed on the site, mainly due to geographical locations, no face to face interaction and no access to the actual products, it is difficult to police and verify products listed on the site at any given moment.

Kind regards
              Cuan

Comment

True dat Cuan, however sometimes it's outrageous. Being that BOB administrators have been around for a while, I'm sure they can recognise lots of these counterfeit items themselves. I once reported a conterfeit Lacoste top and was asked to provide evidence. The crocodile's head was almost falling off and the sizes were counterfeit Lacoste sizes. With such overwhelming visual evidence right up there on the site posted by the seller themselves, I thought that request rather ridiculous. Needless to say, a hop, skip and jump later the seller was no more after having ripped off quite a few inbetween.

Comment

:DWell i tell you, BOB exceeds all my expectations, i have reported numerous sellers and each and every time (Especially the last couple of Months) i have gotten resonses from BOB almost immediately. I love BOB and will stick here till the end of time, they treat me as if i were their only seller and in return i treat my clients as if they were the only people i ever sold to and visa versa and it works for me.
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

"Animals Can Communicate Quite Well and They Do and Generally Speaking, They are Ignored!"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you! Criticize me, and I may not like you! Ignore me, and I may not forgive you! Encourage me, and I will not forget you!"

Comment

Not necessarily, due to the number of items listed at any given moment, we cannot monitor every single item listed, currently we have hundreds of thousands of items listed daily. We are also not experts in any field, thus we rely on proof or evidence before acting. Like I said, we will generally ask one of the parties or both to supply proof to support the allegations. Some products are so similar that it is impossible to tell from a listing or image. That is why we need proof.

Keep reporting these items and we will take the necessary action.

Thanks
                    Cuan

Comment

Fake Guess Bags

There are lots of fake/replica handbag been sold. Just look at what price the items are being sold for; not close to the cost of the genuine article.

Comment

I must say that communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za do attend to items reported to them and, in fact, in many instances they take a great deal of trouble to try and get to the bottom of a problem.

I may not always agree with their judgments but I do respect them.
                        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Working...
                        X