Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets play.....Guess the Grade

This is an NGC graded coin, who would like to take a guess at the grade? Come on guys, give it a go.

XF-40
    32.14%
    AU-53
    28.57%
    AU-55
    17.86%
    MS-62
    17.86%
    MS-67
    3.57%
    Visit my hive!

Originally posted by BumbleBee View Post
    This is an NGC graded coin, who would like to take a guess at the grade? Come on guys, give it a go.
    Having seen a similar one from NGC, I would guess they could have done a MS61-63. Let me know via PM what it is?

BTW It does not mean that I agree with the grade - I'm just comparing to what I have seen.

Renaldo

View my auctions in the Coins & Notes section

Comment

There is no way this coin would grade MS. At best it is probably AU55. Thats just my opinion but I am curios to know what the powers to be have graded it.

Cheers
      Anthony G
      The measure of a numismatist is not how much he profits from the hobby,
      but how much the hobby profits from him.

Comment

I can't get my camera at the right angle to photograph the reeding, but what I can tell you is that it is worn almost completely flat.
        Visit my hive!

Comment

Hi

I would grade it a AU53, but knowing NGC I would say they graded this coin MS63.

Regards
          "Look in the past for all that is good and beautiful, take that for your ideal and build on it your future".
          Items I am selling.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinoissuer View Post
            There is no way this coin would grade MS. At best it is probably AU55. Thats just my opinion but I am curios to know what the powers to be have graded it.

Cheers
            Because I had in my hands a similar one recently, I am willing to bet money here - personally, I am not sure that I would even go AU.

Renaldo

View my auctions in the Coins & Notes section

Comment

Hi. My guess would be max AU53. Strange that there wear is more apparent on the reverse than obverse. Normally other way around.

Regards

Ryno
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Lets Play.........................guess The

Originally posted by eZethu Coins View Post
                Because I had in my hands a similar one recently, I am willing to bet money here - personally, I am not sure that I would even go AU.

It was graded probably MS 63. BUT my score 45/70 i.e XF 45

Comment

A coin that should not even grade in my opinion "XF Details" Scrathed
                  Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Click to view any items I may have on auction

Comment

One thing... and one thing only

There is only one thing a coin that looks like that should be used for and that is for buying groceries - like a half loaf of bread... :p

Maybe NGC should come up with a grading called "Totally circulated"

Am I going to be shot at dawn??
                    Last edited by MsPlod; 01-06-10, 16:06. Reason: Added last sentence...
                    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

What does "You may not vote on this poll" mean - how does anyone vote then?

Comment

:eek:MS-62, i know nothing about grading, so i decided to take a fools guess!
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

"Animals Can Communicate Quite Well and They Do and Generally Speaking, They are Ignored!"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you! Criticize me, and I may not like you! Ignore me, and I may not forgive you! Encourage me, and I will not forget you!"

Comment

Hi

According to the grades given on the poll the closest possible correct grade will be AU53 (some bag marks, some scratches, some lustre)

Please.....please.....just please don't tell me NGC graded this coin MS67 :o

Regards
                          "Look in the past for all that is good and beautiful, take that for your ideal and build on it your future".
                          Items I am selling.

Comment

Just so that I know... what will an AU53 actually be worth?
                            See all jewellery from Asha Craft!

"The purest form of love comes from your children."

Comment

:pKan ek 'n prys wen as ek reg raai?

Honestly - this grading is totally greek to me - I do not understand a word of it!!! Wish I was not so stupid!:(
                              VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

Working...
                              X