Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats RSA and may the Socceroos prevail!

I know this is a coin forum but there are South African coins celebrating the World Soccer Cup!

I wish all you guys in South Africa a fantastic experience... and maybe the Ozzie Socceroos facing the South African team in the final!

What a great outcome that would be.. ;-)

I will certainly be watching the main matches on Pay TV..

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Originally posted by ndoa18 View Post
    I know this is a coin forum but there are South African coins celebrating the World Soccer Cup!

I wish all you guys in South Africa a fantastic experience... and maybe the Ozzie Socceroos facing the South African team in the final!

What a great outcome that would be.. ;-)

I will certainly be watching the main matches on Pay TV..

Kind regards

Scott Balson
    You are living with high expectations mate. Being a betting man I will take any odds of this happening - only joking. Good luck to our local boys but my fav - BRAZIL

Regards

Kit W
    Items I am selling.

The tongue weighs practically nothing..
    Some people can't hold it!!

Comment

Good luck to Bafana but I'm holding out for a Brazil - Italy final :)
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

Scott, I am not a betting man, but what are the odds at the bookies in Australia of a South Africa vs Australia final?

Cheers
        Anthony G
        The measure of a numismatist is not how much he profits from the hobby,
        but how much the hobby profits from him.

Comment

Not sure Anthony

But one of the proudest moments of my life was when the Springboks won the world Rugby cup in 1994 under Francois Pienaar. Man, what a great captain he was! (I moved to Australia in 1986).

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Comment

Unfortunately Aus went down 4 - 0.

I took part in a R20 competition, winner takes all and I drew Aus, so it looks like I'm out of pocket on that one.
            :)
            Items I am selling.

Comment

I must say the VIBE and atmosphere was awesome. I had German's on my left and Aussies on my right and I can tell you the 4-0 win by the German's did not go down to well. The Durban Stadium is breath taking and is certainly an engineering masterpiece.

After watching the quality of the German's football yesterday, I would rate them as strong challengers for the cup.

A picture from my phone attached......

Cheers
              Attached Files
              Anthony G

Comment

Wow Anthony, with a seat like that, are you sure you weren't sitting on "the bench".

Good one.

Comment

Hi Cold Sea

Call it the luck of the draw.... :) Was online at the right time and made purchase.
                  Hopefully the coins and medallions that were made to commemorate the World Cup will consistantly remind us of this historical event in South Africa.

Cheers
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Coinoisseur; 14-06-10, 13:06.
                  Anthony G

Comment

Originally posted by Coinoissuer View Post
                    I must say the VIBE and atmosphere was awesome. I had German's on my left and Aussies on my right and I can tell you the 4-0 win by the German's did not go down to well. The Durban Stadium is breath taking and is certainly an engineering masterpiece.

After watching the quality of the German's football yesterday, I would rate them as strong challengers for the cup.

Cheers

I hope German wiil go home with cup at their hand.

Dulal

Comment

My bet would be on Brazil winning the World Cup, although from the "outside Africa" teams I would also shout for Australia.
                      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

The drubbing of the Aussies was NOT good.. really bad press over their performance here.

Why can't they put Harry Kuhl into the team? I can't understand it! He is over his injury.

Thanks Anthony and Lily for your support on this forum for our team!

PS That new stadium in Durban is amazing!!!!

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Comment

Originally posted by Coinoissuer View Post

Cheers
                          Hi Anthony

German is getting beter and beter.
                          Another observation: only FIFA even number (2, 4, 6 and 16) ranked survived.
                          2-Spain
                          4-Netherland
                          6-Germany
                          16- Uruguay

Dulal

Comment

I am heartbroken! And off on a well-earned holiday!
                            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Paul the Octopus

How good is Paul the Octopus?

He has predicted the outcome of every soccer team played by Germany in the world cup - and even picked Spain to win last night!

Who thought Spain would beat Germany!

See the videos:
                              About Paul: YouTube - Psychic octopus tips Germany again

Paul picks Spain: YouTube - Oracle Octopus predicts Spanish win -FIFA

Kind regards

Scott Balson
                              Last edited by ndoa18; 08-07-10, 08:07.

Comment

Working...
                              X