X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Done Geejay

Hi all,

I would like to congratulate George on selling (ok not yet sold) the most expensive union coin on bid or buy

Well done to you and i would like to also thank you for all your hard work in making numismatics FUN.

1936 Farthing - Mint State 62 BN - SCARCEST SA BUSINESS STRIKE EVER !!!START @ R1 !!!
    Graded Coins - 1936 Farthing - Mint State 62 BN - SCARCEST SA BUSINESS STRIKE EVER !!!START @ R1 !!! for sale in Richards Bay / Empangeni (ID:22649795)

HOPE THIS HITS THE NEWS AFTER AUCTION CLOSES!!!

Warm Regards
    Imraan
    :):):)

Long slow whistle....

Originally posted by Vertigo View Post
    Hi all,

I would like to congratulate George on selling (ok not yet sold) the most expensive union coin on bid or buy

Well done to you and i would like to also thank you for all your hard work in making numismatics FUN.

1936 Farthing - Mint State 62 BN - SCARCEST SA BUSINESS STRIKE EVER !!!START @ R1 !!!
    Graded Coins - 1936 Farthing - Mint State 62 BN - SCARCEST SA BUSINESS STRIKE EVER !!!START @ R1 !!! for sale in Richards Bay / Empangeni (ID:22649795)

Warm Regards
    Imraan
    From a R1 crazy auction start too - pheeeyoooowheeeee!!! :eek:

Go Geejay!!
    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

I could pay the outstanding bond on my house with the winning bid:(.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

Well done!

Also for having the coin regraded a second time. I wonder how many people would have done that?

Well done George!

Comment

wow. it's all i can say... WOW
          See all jewellery from Asha Craft!

"The purest form of love comes from your children."

Comment

Originally posted by moppies View Post
            I could pay the outstanding bond on my house with the winning bid:(.
            If I COULD REFINANCE MY BOND, WOULD BUY THIS COIN.

Dulal
            Last edited by Dulal; 24-06-10, 15:57.

Comment

Hi

Well done Geejay :)

And Good Luck to the Winning Bidder :)
              sigpic

Comment

Well done geejay. I found a nice 1936 half penny today. Is there any way I can turn it into a farthing.
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Well if you get it graded and tell people les are graded than the scarse Kwagga Silver R1 then someone will pay a house price for it.
                  People shouldn't wear purple , Barney gets upset.
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Going, going, GONE!!!!

Originally posted by Vertigo View Post
                    Hi all,

Warm Regards
                    Imraan
                    Last minute bidder took this one - looooong slow whistle! Well done indeed Geejay!!;)
                    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

a simple observation

Based on Georg's indicative market price of five million rand in the listing I would not have been too happy with just over 2% of this price being achieved at this auction...

Either the indicative price is way out or Georg will be a very unhappy camper!

Would be intereted in Georg's feelings on the price he got.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Comment

Hi Scott

No idea where George got price of R5million from - is a bit high but at least Georg lists the items he has for sale...

You have not listed one of your tokens on a bid or buy auction... You should spend some monies on listing fees instead of trying to do all your deals off bid or buy... Please do not take this in a bad way as I am just giving you some advise...

Its not right to meet clients on bid or buy and then do all deals offline.... Why cut bid or buy out?????

You should change the way you do things...

Best Regards,

Safiya
                        sigpic

Comment

Off site trading is not permitted. If we are presented with evidence that deals are being concluded off the site between buyers and sellers after making contact on bidorbuy, we will take the necessary action against the user.

Thank you
                          Cuan

P.s. Please stay on topic.

Comment

Deja Vu ........

A couple of years ago - maybe 5 or 6, I received a SMS from RANDCOIN promoting the sale of of a 1926 Farthing. The price was R113 000.00 or very near to that.

I did not buy the coin but I think Robert Bakewell secured it and later had it graded with NGC.

Imagine my surprise when the 1936 MS Farthing sold here on Bid-or-Buy for almost exactly (bar a farthing here and there) that sum!

Well done to everyone and the biggest winner being our very dear hobby!!

Pierre

Comment

Challenge to EWAAN GALLERIES

Hi Safiya

You have not listed one of your tokens on a bid or buy auction... You should spend some monies on listing fees instead of trying to do all your deals off bid or buy... Please do not take this in a bad way as I am just giving you some advise...

Its not right to meet clients on bid or buy and then do all deals offline.... Why cut bid or buy out?????
                              Please get your facts right.

FACT ONE: I do not do deals off line after meeting clients through BoB. I am a very active bidder on BoB. On two occasions in the past sellers have sold me a few extra coins to make the postage to Australia worthwhile. The postage on a single crown won on BoB for its silver price makes it very expensive (I had bid on several coins with those sellers at the same time but just won one). If you look at my past bidding history you will note two listings on BoB in which the seller says "FOR SCOTT BALSON ONLY". I have bid on those items and won the silver coins which made my earlier win worthwhile. I thank the sellers for making my postage costs more bearable and I did not cut BoB out.

More recently I concluded a deal with Pierre for a silver coin I won several weeks ago on BoB - Pierre kindly waited until I had won two further gold coins from him on BoB before I finalised the deal and paid the postage on all three coins in one package. This only happened just a week ago. Once again I thank Pierre for his understanding and patience. I had originally bid on several silver coins for their silver value with Pierre but only won one. Pierre will confirm what I am saying here.

FACT TWO: I currently have a set of Larkan for sale on BoB.. here is the link.
                              http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/23032456/Extremely_rare_complete_set_of_F_C_Larkan_trading_ tokens_East_Griqualand_c1900.html
                              I am a buyer more than a seller - having bought 30 coins in the last month on BoB. Why should I be a more active seller if I prefer to buy at this stage? I have over 80 trades on BoB with a 100% positive rating.

In future, rather than making unfounded allegations please provide FACTS.

I note that you did not post my question to you last week regarding the Griquatown penny coins you recently listed. My question queried the numbers of coins you claimed were minted - in particular the claim of just 50 in the undated piece.

I note that neither coin sold.

Your Griquatown Penny listings I am talking about are at: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/23187535/1890_Griquatown_Pattern_Penny_NGC_Graded_PF62_BN_M intage_100_Ultra_Rare.html
                              and
                              http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/23186819/1890_No_Date_Griquatown_Pattern_Penny_NGC_Graded_M S61_BN_Mintage_50_Ultra_Rare.html

I think that someone only said recently that it is a shame that sellers can choose whether or not to post questions they receive regarding listings. I subscribe to that point of view. I think BoB should make all questions appear against listings.

Finally I look forward to seeing your public apology for making unfounded and damaging allegations.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Comment

Working...
                              X