X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome bargain!!

Just spotted a real gem on the site!

Quite a bargain if you think about it...

2008 Birthday R5 - ULTRA SCARCE SUPER RARE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND for sale in Tzaneen (ID:24870490)

What do you think
    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Hey BumbleBee you forgot to mention in your listing that you don't mind if others want to use your photo, (which is lovely by the way), in their listings... :p

Thanks for the laugh!!
    VIEW MY ITEMS!!

Comment

Originally posted by retailrush View Post
      Hey BumbleBee you forgot to mention in your listing that you don't mind if others want to use your photo
      Don't even go there

Originally posted by retailrush View Post
      (which is lovely by the way)

Thanks for the laugh!!
      Thanks for the compliment, and you're welcome ;)
      Visit my hive!

Comment

Brilliant - your Q & A had me in hysterics!
        “Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Absolutely brilliant listing.

Hopefully those that are trying to take advantage of the unsuspecting public will get the message, but I doubt it.
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

What really terrifies me is what you are going to do Bumblebee, if someone actually DOES bid on this auction!!:p Other than pay off your house of course;)
            "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Originally posted by MsPlod View Post
              What really terrifies me is what you are going to do Bumblebee, if someone actually DOES bid on this auction!!:p Other than pay off your house of course;)
              Well, what I was planning to do was delete the bids if anyone does place one but my wife has told me if anyone does bid she will make me take their money! :D
              Visit my hive!

Comment

Hmmm, it appears that someone doesn't want me to become stinking rich. My listing has been deleted Will someone please give me a reason please?
                Visit my hive!

Comment

Hi BumbleBee,

Could be any or all of these. ;)

1. The Listing Policy point 1.14.

2. Test auctions are not allowed.

3. See page 5 post #46 here :

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/coins-no...ing-scale.html
                  bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                  bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Well admin,

1. BoB deleted this listing because they felt like it? Come on, seriously?

2. This was not a test auction.

3. the intention was not to mislead, everything in this listing was upfront and factual.

Perhaps the sellers of these particular coins took offence and put pressure on BoB to remove the listing? Well, I take offence to my listing being deleted without reason or warning. What about the fellow who used my photos in "his" listing? Why was that not deleted? It was reported to CW and I had this thread open on the forum?
                    Visit my hive!

Comment

Ag NO man!!

That is really sad!!

Comment

Deleted before I could see it.. not fair.. :( Some-one fill me in?
                        I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

Visit my hive!

Comment

Brilliant! You know, you probably would have had some fool bid on it as well...
                            I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks & stones - Albert Einstein.

Comment

That is absolutely brilliant!

I might just place a bid <cheeky grin>

I did find another interesting couple of listings that I think presents a more tempting option.. ;-)

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/24757...h_ms61_ws.html

and listen to the speel!

OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED!!!!!!!! all shipped 24-48 hours delivery insured!!!!

SET OF 2008 MANDELA BIRTHDAY R5 COINS GRADED BY SACGS IN AIRTIGHT CAPSULES BARCODED AND NUMBERED 12 COINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLUS YOU GET A FREE HARDCOVER FDC + STAMPS !!!!!!!!
                              WOW WHAT A COMPLETE COLLECTION !!!!!!!
                              AU50
                              AU58
                              MS60
                              MS61ws
                              MS62
                              MS63
                              MS64
                              MS65
                              MS66
                              MS66*
                              MS67
                              MS67*- (* MEANS ALMOST MADE MS68) (I particularly like this stunning sales pitch!)
                              all 12 coins 1 price

and what does this bargain cost? Just ZAR13,999.99! Sorry Bumble Bee your listing just does not cut the mustard!

But wait.. there's more!!

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/24757...h_ms61_ws.html

Buy the identical set of Mandela for just ZAR16,000 from the same seller.. ;-)

Makes the first listing real attractive.. doesn't it?

Kind regards

Scott Balson
                              Last edited by ndoa18; 13-08-10, 04:39.

Comment

Working...
                              X