No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real to Rand

Hi Guys

Looking for the Book "Real to Rand" Can any one help please?,will go through the proper BOB channels to buy if the price is right

Thanx
    STEVE
    “Numismatists are the guardians of history for future generations”

Copies available online

Hi Steve

Over the years I have acquired two copies of Becklake's book "From Real to Rand" - "the story of money, medals and mints in South Africa".

It is an excellent book although misguided in relation to the Griquatown coins when Becklake openly refers to Parsons earlier flawed reearch on this subject as the source of his information regarding these failed tokens.

I paid about US$35 for one of the books several years ago.

I see that there are about three copies if the book offered for sale by bookstores across the world. The excellent source (covering about 100 million books for sale online) I use to find rare books is at: Used Books, Rare, Antiquarian, Second-Hand, and Out-of-print Books

The cheapest copy is selling for about US$15 excluding postage.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Comment

Originally posted by ndoa18 View Post
      Hi Steve

Over the years I have acquired two copies of Becklake's book "From Real to Rand" - "the story of money, medals and mints in South Africa".

It is an excellent book although misguided in relation to the Griquatown coins when Becklake openly refers to Parsons earlier flawed reearch on this subject as the source of his information regarding these failed tokens.

I paid about US$35 for one of the books several years ago.

I see that there are about three copies if the book offered for sale by bookstores across the world. The excellent source (covering about 100 million books for sale online) I use to find rare books is at: Used Books, Rare, Antiquarian, Second-Hand, and Out-of-print Books

The cheapest copy is selling for about US$15 excluding postage.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Scott Balson
      Thanx Scott,will look into it.

Regards
      Steve
      STEVE
      “Numismatists are the guardians of history for future generations”

Comment

Working...
      X