Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 90th Mandela coins in your change!

Its finally happening! the 2008 Mandela coins are entering the general circulation at last.
    I placed an advert in a local rag a while back to dispose of some slabbed 90th coins I bought in error/stupidity. Ever since that I have had at least 3 calls every week from people who have found these coins in their change. "Do you buy them" " How much are they worth" "I've got six from yesterday"
    It's as if these poor souls have hit the jackpot. When I tell them what they are worth, the sounds of dissapointment are disheartening to say the least.
    It looks like the hoarders are finally letting go and releasing these coins.:p
    Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Hello Kyle , Do you buy and sell on BoB , If so , under what nickname, (just curios as i don't ever see you bidding or selling on kyle2)

Comment

You haven't looked hard enough then mate,:p
      Trying to get me to buy your coins?:)

Comment

Kyle2 is the proud owner of 7 or 8 Graded Parking Tokens all bought here on BoB .. lol.. for a song I might add all at the price or thereabout of the grading fees only!

Just yesterday I went for my daily bread and milk at our local farm shop out in Hekpoort and the owner showed me a two plastic bank change bags of these coins with the same question. Luckily they are responsible people and after I told them the real worth he handed one out to the next customer in his change.

The banks apparently now only hand them over to shop keepers who ask for change, which is where he got his brilliant UNC pieces from.

Great !!!
        Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Click to view any items I may have on auction

Comment

When I spotted the first R5 Mandela Birthday coin in my pocket change (about 4 months ago) I started hoarding them in a coffee tin,last night when I checked,I already had 32 of them and some of them are brand spanking new and they will grade. ;)If any one is interested in them I will only charge R5.00 per coin and extremely high postage(Gotta make money somewhere:D)

By flooding the market with "CHEAPIE" Mandela`s I am concerned that I will be reported to the Competition Commission

Its just a shame that so many people got caught up in this craziness.
          STEVE
          “Numismatists are the guardians of history for future generations”

Comment

Parking tokens

Originally posted by 4kids View Post
            Kyle2 is the proud owner of 7 or 8 Graded Parking Tokens all bought here on BoB .. lol.. for a song I might add all at the price or thereabout of the grading fees only!
            Yep! sorry to say, I had some of these, I've admitted it before, I've kept the higher graded ones, given away some of the others as gifts. In my defence ignorance and alchohol played a part. :pLOL

When I get them in change I free them again, go into the universe little coins. :p

Comment

It is funny how people keep the "odd" coins. I have a lot of freds who don't even collect coins that just keep these "odd" ones for a reason they themselves don't even know. I also got my R100's worth of R5 90th birthday coins from the bank. Sold one recently over BOB just to see what I can get for it. Turnsed out the are worth more than I payed for them back then. Still have a bunch of them. But the same goes for the R2 ten years of freedom coins. Holly crap!! I see them alnmost every day. I have about 20 - 25 of them... all from circulation. I planing on selling all of these coins to get cash to buy the ones I need for my collection.

I would say 65% of the coins that collecters need are cept by people who don't collect coins and they won't give the coins to you .. not even at a reasonable price..
              I 've been told that .. If I'm willing to pay R10 for a plain silver R1 from 1990. The damn thing will be worth much more to someone else, tommorow.

What ever..

Comment

Working...
              X