No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZAR Coins Missing

Hi All

I lost a parcel coming into South Africa from NGC. The parcel shows that it arrived at customs
    at OR Tambo on USPS side. According to customs officials the parcel does not register on their side and believe that it was stolen within.

"Sorry Sir, you parcel is not here. These people Sir, you know, they must stop doing this. It is not right, no, they make us all look bad. It is a big problem Sir. They just take the poeples things all the time, it's not right, eish "

Some of the coins within the parcel:

2760354-005 1892 Penny MS61BN
    2760354-009 1897 1 Shilling MS63
    2760354-010 1897 6 Pence MS62
    2760354-012 1900 Rimless Blank Pond
    1206512-001 1892 "DS" Crown AU55
    1215410-001 1897 6 Pence MS65

The total parcel contained 57 coins with some very nice graded items.

Please keep an eye open for these coins.

Regards,

Thomas van der Spuy
    ZARBOY
    "Look in the past for all that is good and beautiful, take that for your ideal and build on it your future".
    Items I am selling.

That Is Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARBOY View Post
      Hi All

I lost a parcel coming into South Africa from NGC. The parcel shows that it arrived at customs
      at OR Tambo on USPS side. According to customs officials the parcel does not register on their side and believe that it was stolen within.

"Sorry Sir, you parcel is not here. These people Sir, you know, they must stop doing this. It is not right, no, they make us all look bad. It is a big problem Sir. They just take the poeples things all the time, it's not right, eish "

Some of the coins within the parcel:

2760354-005 1892 Penny MS61BN
      2760354-009 1897 1 Shilling MS63
      2760354-010 1897 6 Pence MS62
      2760354-012 1900 Rimless Blank Pond
      1206512-001 1892 "DS" Crown AU55
      1215410-001 1897 6 Pence MS65

The total parcel contained 57 coins with some very nice graded items.

Please keep an eye open for these coins.

Regards,

Thomas van der Spuy
      ZARBOY
      Eina - Sorry to hear Thomas

Renaldo

View my auctions in the Coins & Notes section

Comment

I have some very interesting words I would like to use here but I fear I would be banned indefinitely :o

Shame Thomas, you just aren't having the best of luck this year.

Could you post a complete list of the serial numbers? They are bound to turn up somewhere, maybe send your list to the big coin dealers too.
        Visit my hive!

Comment

Hi Thomas ,
          sorry for your loss ,
          I suggest that you publish the list of coins on a word document for circulation amongst everyone.

Comment

I agree with Vertigo

Publish a list immediately and get it out to every dealer and ZAR collector as soon as possible.

Also pictures of the coins if you have any.

Pierre

Comment

Quirky Post

Hi Thomas

As an overseas buyer and seller I have to tell you I have had some very long delays in the delivery of registered airmail coins. BUT they have always arrived.

The most extreme example was a set of coins sent to a good friend of mine in Kokstad. The coins, sent registered airmail, sat in the Kokstad Post Office for six months (addressed to the right addrees but the recipient was NEVER notified).

After six months they were returned to me as UNDELIVERED!

So don't give up yet - but do take Pierre's advice. Also get your sender to keep an eye open for an undelivered package.

Kind regards

Scott Balson
              Last edited by ndoa18; 12-09-10, 10:05.

Comment

This is very worrying. I have sent off 10 gold coins for grading and 8 1892 ZAR'S
                Think I better collect them myself
                VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hi All

I'm glad to inform you all that the parcel was found.

After lodging a claim against USPS for the damages. I received an email from USPS that they will investigate this matter.

This morning I received an email that was sent from sapo concerning the above mentioned parcel. According to them they experienced some problems with their local tracking number generator. They also informed me that my parcel is definately at Cape Mail.

I arrived at Cape Mail just after 09:00 this morning and after a 4 hour wait, customs officials arrived with the parcel.

This has made my day, feel so much better now.

Regards

Thomas van der Spuy
                  ZARBOY
                  "Look in the past for all that is good and beautiful, take that for your ideal and build on it your future".
                  Items I am selling.

Comment

FANTASTIC!!!! WoooHoooo!!!!! :D
                    Visit my hive!

Comment

Thrilled for you Thomas!:D

Was too horrified to post anything before - what a heart-stopping couple of days!
                      "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Congrats Thomas...

there are some chinks in the postal service.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

Comment

Working...
                        X