Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the market value of the PF69 2008 Mandela 90th Birthday Coin?

Greetings!

I am new to BOB and I am currently selling my first item, does anyone know the value of the PF69 Mandela Birthday Coin?

I currently have the bidding start price set at R35000. 2008 Birthday R5 - ****Only 5000 Proof Coins Minted**** PF69 ANACS Graded Proof Mandela 90th Birthday Coin for sale in Vereeniging (ID:27004017)

Any help will be appreciated!

I say its worth R5. R10 max

Comment

Originally posted by HR_COINS View Post
      Really Why?
      Click here to VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by HR_COINS View Post
        I am asking what the market value of the coin is, not what you are prepared to pay for the coin. I am sure the market is prepared to pay more than R5 as even the MS coins are selling for more.

Comment

The best way to find out what people are willing to pay for it is to put it on a R1 auction, crazy Wednesday would be your best bet.
          Visit my hive!

Comment

hopefully you'll get the R35000 you want if there is someone looking for the one you have but , on a crazy auction i doubt you'd get that much , but good luck but i personally dont feel there is really a market value for these R5 coins , i think too much was made of it too quickly
            COME WITH US............

Comment

Ok thanks I will give it a try as soon as this auction is over.

Comment

I would place it on a normal BoB auction starting at a price you hope to receive...and if you are lucky, like I was, someone will eventually make you a realistic offer....might take a few re lists! Good Luck. David.
                My age is but an irrelevant number !
                Items I am selling.

Comment

Originally posted by alloway65 View Post
                  I would place it on a normal BoB auction starting at a price you hope to receive...and if you are lucky, like I was, someone will eventually make you a realistic offer....might take a few re lists! Good Luck. David.
                  Yeah I think I might be a bit too eager, relisting it sounds more sensible. Thank you David.

Comment

Originally posted by anerstemens View Post
                    Really Why?
                    ANACS has no reputation or standing in the market today. If it was NGC or PCGS then people would take it a bit more seriously.

Anyway, I wish you success in getting the best possible price.

Comment

You probably would have gotton a good price if it was an NGC graded coin, they are by far the most popular when it comes to coin grading.
                      This coin looks as if it may be a frosted coin? I stand under correction but if it is then it probably is quite rare as well.
                      Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

I am sure it is a frosted coin...I did not look at the original link...was multitasking...hard for us men......I was under the impression that the SA Mint tried to discourage people from having these frosted Mandela coins graded!!!
                        My age is but an irrelevant number !
                        Items I am selling.

Comment

I think this coin is from the Nelson Mandela 90th Birthday Celebration Bi-metal Set of which there are only 5000.

Comment

If thats the case then it definately is a frosted coin, and I know that the SAMINT was against having these sets broken up and graded, what they were going to do about it is anyones guess, they probably couldn't stop anyone from grading them.
                            But it is interesting that this grading company did not pick up on the fact that it is a frosted coin, all the other grading companies clearly note the fact.
                            Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by kyle2 View Post
                              If thats the case then it definately is a frosted coin, and I know that the SAMINT was against having these sets broken up and graded, what they were going to do about it is anyones guess, they probably couldn't stop anyone from grading them.
                              But it is interesting that this grading company did not pick up on the fact that it is a frosted coin, all the other grading companies clearly note the fact.
                              Can you direct me to a link where I can confirm what you're saying because when I do a search on the net for the Celebration set it mentions that there is a Mandela Proof R5 Coin. See this link: Stock For Sale then click on the link "2008 The Neslon Mandela" which states the following:

The Nelson Mandela
                              Gold 90th Birthday Celebration Set
                              Set Consists of:
                              2008 R5 Proof Circulation Coin - Bi Metal Alloy - 9.5 gram - 26 mm
                              2008 Commemorative Medallion
                              Metal Content - Inner: Au 999.9 - Outer: Ag 925 Cu 75
                              Mass - Inner: 15.553 gram - Outer 8.9 gram
                              Diameter - 26 mm
                              with certificate
                              Limited Edition 5000

Comment

Working...
                              X