No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1892 SS Crown... Real/Forged??

Hi

I saw this up for sale on BoB and woul just like the experienced ZAR collectors to judge if it is real or not.

Silver Coins - 1892 SINGLE SHAFT ZAR 5 SHILLINGS XF- CONDITION !!!!!!!! for sale in Durban (ID:27201768)

Seller says it is a possible forgery. So I am not sure.

Thanks.
    Veto111

Hi there

This coin is a typical chinese forgery. One would very easy detect it on the obverse.

In a hurry now, but would give all my reasoning later. Very expensive forgery at R500....

Regards

Thomas van der Spuy
    ZARBOY
    "Look in the past for all that is good and beautiful, take that for your ideal and build on it your future".
    Items I am selling.

Comment

It's a very impressive forgery, I still wouldn't pay 10cents for it though.
      Ambient Music is the Wallpaper of my Mind

Click Here to View My Items For Sale

Comment

Are forgeries allowed to be sold on BOB?

Comment

As long as they are not copies or replica's of Reserve Bank copyright protected coins or notes. The seller must declare this in the listing so there is no misunderstanding or confusion.

We have relaxed this "policy" for some time now... it was primarily implemented and policed to ensure there were no issues with the SARB.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARBOY View Post
            Hi there

This coin is a typical chinese forgery. One would very easy detect it on the obverse.

In a hurry now, but would give all my reasoning later. Very expensive forgery at R500....

Regards

Thomas van der Spuy
            ZARBOY
            Thanks Thomas. I would love to hear how you spot forgeries.

I have often seen coins on ebay that look to good to be true (all from China) and since I'm not experienced enough to spot them I never know whether to bid or not.

Regards
            Veto111

Comment

Working...
            X