Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pierre

All of us sometimes end up being locked into a contract, arrangement, or situation which - during the course of time - we might find we are not comfortable. We bear it as long as is permissible, then we move into better waters. I think that it is perhaps unfair on MTB to condemn him for his association with our Australian friend.

I believe that MTB has his own mind and that his path in South African numismatics will, in the future, veer markedly more towards the mainstream of thinking of South African numismatists (spearheaded by Hern and Wilson) and the South African Reserve Bank re the GQT 1815-1816 coinage.

To be fair, let MTB carry on and let us judge him on his future works.
    Last edited by Mike Klee; 05-01-17, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Klee View Post

All of us sometimes end up being locked into a contract, arrangement, or situation which - during the course of time - we might find we are not comfortable. We bear it as long as is permissible, then we move into better waters. I think that it is perhaps unfair on MTB to condemn him for his association with our Australian friend.

I believe that MTB has his own mind and that his path in South African numismatics will, in the future, veer markedly more towards the mainstream of thinking of South African numismatists (spearheaded by Hern and Wilson) and the South African Reserve Bank re the GQT 1815-1816 coinage.

To be fair, let MTB carry on and let us judge him on his future works.
      I agree 100% with you Mike.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Morgan has no say in the way the Australian website is run.

Although the Australian website supposedly "supports" his Pocket Guide, it actually is used as a launching pad to vilify and belittle the bastions of South African Numismatics.

And the worst of it all is that many people are now apprehensive in buying the MTB Pocket Guide because of its association with these cancerous attacks from Down Under.

Morgan is currently caught between a rock and a hard place, and I really think he needs the support of us all in making a crucial decision.

Comment

Word has reached me that Morgan the Brave (editor of the new Pocket Guide on SA Coins) and his un-asked-for webmaster in Australia have separated their ways.

Morgan could not stand the attacks on our South African Numismatic Stalwarts anymore and showed the relentless attacker the back door.

If this is true, we all salute you Morgan.

Comment

Working...
        X