X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a coin? A token? What is it?

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_im..._Token_001.jpg

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_im..._Token_002.jpg
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Maybe Jewish

In 1949, after Israels independance, their new goverment struck a set of coins and used the designs which appeared 2000 years earlier in Bible times - I think this might be one of them - on the coins I am talking about, the word "Israel" is inscribed in Hebrew at the top and in Arabic below, but as I can read neiter of these two languages, I cannot tell for sure.

Regards

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Henri View Post
      In 1949, after Israels independance, their new goverment struck a set of coins and used the designs which appeared 2000 years earlier in Bible times - I think this might be one of them - on the coins I am talking about, the word "Israel" is inscribed in Hebrew at the top and in Arabic below, but as I can read neiter of these two languages, I cannot tell for sure.

Regards

Pierre
      Tons of thanks, Pierre. I really appreciate your taking the time to have a look! I wonder what I could buy with it if I ever get to Israel? :)
      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Henri View Post

Regards

Pierre
        i know nothing about coins or if that is jewish but yes that was my first impression when i saw it but is that not The Tree of Life on the coin?

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
        X