Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch NGC

This item was listed and the seller deemed it fit to mention that NGC did not make a mistake. Is NGC's credibility at risk?

Proof Sets - 1967 Hendrik Verwoerd - English Proof R1 NGC Graded for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane

Hi

Alternate language PROOF's were minted. Although Hern does not put a mintage figure for proof, he has a price for the PROOF coin... 2009 catalogue = R5500

Cheers
    Anthony G
    The measure of a numismatist is not how much he profits from the hobby,
    but how much the hobby profits from him.

Comment

Hi Anthony,

I'm not suggesting that the alternative proof SR1's don't exist.

I think what I'm saying is that the seller, whether in jest or not, included the remark about NGC in his item description. If this item had been graded by another agency, would the remark still have been made.

If a growing perception is that NGC is an ordinary grader, the selling prices of their graded coins could likewise be affected.

Just a thought

Cheers

Comment

Hi

In that case, I agree completely.................. My mis-interpretation of the message

Cheers
        Anthony G
        The measure of a numismatist is not how much he profits from the hobby,
        but how much the hobby profits from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Sea View Post
          This item was listed and the seller deemed it fit to mention that NGC did not make a mistake. Is NGC's credibility at risk?

Proof Sets - 1967 Hendrik Verwoerd - English Proof R1 NGC Graded for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane
          The answer to your question, is of course not.

Comment

Working...
          X