No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafters Website

Hi

Does anyone know if I would be allowed to start up a website for the crafting community on bidorbuy?

Each seller could have their own page, with their own banner, a small description of their shipping policies, etc, etc - more than bob allows, and their affiliate link with a trade feed generator for bob only.

I am prepared to offer this for FREE (a page per person restricted to craft items only) and submit to whichever search engines I can.

Regards
    Sandy
    "It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness" - Chinese Proverb
    "Be always at war with ur vices, at peace with ur neighbors and let each New Day find u a better Person"

no sorry i dont know

but i will support you if u get it done ok.
    View my items!

Comment

Yes go for It!

We will also be in. This is great and needed here. At least you have vison. hope more could join.
      View my items!

Comment

4 to 6 Weeks to Crafters Site

Hi To All

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have eventually got the site started, just have to work a bit on it. I hope to obtain approval from admin to advertise the site in some manner as I do not wish to pay for something that I am offering for free and will direct traffic directly from each members page directly to their trade feed generator or to their userprofile.

I have a forum set up, news, events, and lots more exciting features, including intergration with google analytics, Digg, Feedburner, etc. Also a gallery for images and video - time to display our crafting creations, blog and share info.

Parties and content will be subject to approval, as I wish to concentrate on the CRAFTING COMMUNITY only. And of course ALL content will have to be BOB compatible! :)

Each member is required to register for their own unique username and password, but please remember that as the administrator I will have access to these details - as is usual in website administrators and will remove content linking directly to outside (bob) sites or transactional possibilities.

Each member will be able to log on to the adminstration landing page (within limits) to edit their own page and content, add their bob TRADE FEED GENERATOR - I don't know how many of you are aware of how this works, so I will help where I can - this will enable you to show your products listed on bob, automatically updated as they appear on bob.

Currently I have about 30 to 50 free pages available - a page per person (which includes the features mentioned above) - more than this I will have to upgrade and pay a fee - when this happens (which I feel may take months and months to happen) I may have to ask all parties to help me share this fee (currently it is roughly R1200 per annum) - with 10 members this would be R10 per month each, which I feel is NOTHING compared to the benefits one could gain. Please let me know what you think of this???

But in the meantime once it starts it is FREE. And please remember that with such a conglomeration of users each adding their own tags for search engine optimization it won't be long at all until this site is top of SA searches for all the crafting goods you all have available - (there is a little "spider" who constantly trawls the page contents for tags and keywords to add to the search engines)

I will regularly check this page for feedback so please could interested parties just add a little "AY" and when ready I will let you know. (Another 4 to 6 weeks from this date)

Best Regard
        Sandy
        "Be always at war with ur vices, at peace with ur neighbors and let each New Day find u a better Person"

Comment

yes

i will be interested,, since i replied first lol do i get the first space. :lol:
          View my items!

Comment

Hi that is fine...go for it...great worx...may we all be one and promote each other...

Nice to have you going for the better good, so hope more would join....
            View my items!

Comment

Update:

Worked on the site today and have added the following:

In the Forum section: Open to select Editors - Annie BP, yes you can be first, :) and JCA Beads :) - would you be prepared to act as moderators/helpers, whatever one calls it?
              1)Introduce Yourself,
              2)Birthdays,
              3)Editors Help Forum(which means You - and we can help each other as we build up the site - 'cos I don't know everything), and
              4)Suggest A Forum (which perhaps You can already start to do - if you don't mind - and I can add them as we go along, and I am thinking in the line of the basic crafts, beading, scrapbooking, Show & Tell, etc

An Events Page: This will be open to all editors to add events as you hear about them, such as beadex which recently took place in Joeys, any interesting trade expos, fairs, etc

More being added - please watch this space!

Comment

Yes! Go for it. We are in. Have expereince in website building ourselves. Just mention what you need. We can chat for further in depth detail on our ICQ profile or our skype name: crystalpearsa

Let's take it from there ok?
                View my items!

Comment

okie dokie

i am blond just remember that lol but i have lots of time. so im in.
                  View my items!

Comment

Hi there

I am very new to bob, but I am interested.

Keishaonline

Comment

Also very interested.
                      Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Working...
                      X