No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formatting an advert

Hi There

This may be a really daft question, but I need to know how to do this.

I have seen some adverts that have lovely borders, etc and would like to know how to do this. Are there perhaps templates on Bid or Buy that can be used? Or else how is this done?

Regards

Hi Aurora

I'm also trying to find out! Have you hadany luck so far?

Comment

Hi

I know Shane of Southerns does customized templates for BOB users. Here is a link to his template listing.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/13554...Templates.html

You can also PM him, he is a member of the forum.

Hope you come right.

Regards
      We do IT!
      See all our listings here...

Comment

Hi

You can create the graphics using Photoshop or Coreldraw. Save it as a jpg file and paste it into your listing the same as any other photo you might use
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hi Tananka
          I use Corel but find the Jpeg files need to be quite large to look OK on BoB. Do You have a trick for me?

For items that don't need a lot of text I use Picasa3 (freeware and very user friendly). Problem is it's not designed for text and does not have a spell checker :( and you can't paste text into it.
          Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Originally posted by bube02 View Post

I know Shane of Southerns does customized templates for BOB users.
            Good to know.. muahahahaha
            What's for sale today?

Comment

Hi mellowred

There's another piece of wonderful freeware which will resize any graphic with virtually no loss of quality. I use it for all my graphics to be uploaded as they upload faster and are less of a drain on BoB's systems.

It's called VSO Image Resizer. I usually resize to 1024 x 768 which gives a great graphic and usually cuts the file size to about 10% of original. I got this tip from Coza1.

I'm sure that will do the trick. Have fun - now you really don't have to worry too much about the file size of your creation.:D
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
              X