X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling your handmade beaded jewellery

Hey my fellow beaders & beadresses, Lol

im quite new on BoB,
    and i would like you to share your opinions on selling beaded handmade Jewellery on here.

1: is it worthwhile?
    2: would you make a profit?
    3: how do you reach your target market

any other relevant info/suggestion would also be much appreciated.

Regards

First make sure you get really good pictures. This makes all the difference with attracting buyers.
    If you are nervous about making a profit, start out with a fixed minimum selling price or set a reserve until you have built up a client base and are confident.

Be 100% honest, accurate and clear in your listings and you will get support, over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchessLee View Post
      Hey my fellow beaders & beadresses, Lol

im quite new on BoB,
      and i would like you to share your opinions on selling beaded handmade Jewellery on here.

1: is it worthwhile?
      2: would you make a profit?
      3: how do you reach your target market

any other relevant info/suggestion would also be much appreciated.

Regards
      Hi there DutchessLee

Buyers prefer quantity and second they want quality. Most sellers start of selling their own items and then move on to sell the quantity bought items, which they buy wholesale, because you do not get your money back on the handmade items. If i must answer from my own personal experience - It is not worth it and you don't make a profit. At times you might break even. I have found that it is more profitable to sell handmade items direct and then sell the normal bought items on BOB. But to proof that you can check how many sellers, do sell hand made items, and see what are the prices on the items. That will give you a idea what it is sold for, and what you can make such a item for. If you can get hold of a wholesaler and buy your beads wholesale, it might be profitable.
      Items for sale: http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/1016532/Whitewolf

Comment

Ahem - spammer alert!!

Please check the last post on this thread - another eedjit onboard...
        "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Originally posted by adaresmith
          People prefer to buy some creative, innovative and unique jewellery.. First of all you need a creative designs for jewellery. From my personal view quality matters more than quantity. Hope you establish your business of selling Hand Made Jewellery already. good luck for the future from my side.

Hey, hey. what do you think you are doing? You will be off here in no time. GRRRRR!!!
          Last edited by admin; 03-05-12, 17:28. Reason: Removed link from quote
          http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/seller/1147551/MiemsJewels

Comment

Working...
          X