Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Auctions in Cape Town!!!

As much as I love BoB I 've always wanted to experience the thrill of a Live Auction, unfortunately I do not know where or if there are any auctions here in CT

So please, anybody if you know of any upcoming auctions here in CT reply now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Veto111

When you find one and go, do not scratch anything that is itching, or the next words you might hear is SOLD. :p
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

I need to tell you this about live auctions:

Years ago my dad also went to an auction with my little sister sitting on his shoulders - she wanted a better view! During the auction, the auctioneer constantly took a bid in dad's direction. Dad will then look who is bidding but could not see anyone that will show interest in the item. At last the bid was closed and dad was the happy chappy who had won the auction. Guess who did the bidding? .......

Right - she still has the little sowing machine she was bidding on. We all treasure this good memory of dad and sis that attended the auction!!!!
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

If it wasn't for the 'last minute', nothing would get done.

Comment

i herd that you must not look the Auctioneer in the eye otherwise he adds to the bidding price and baits you to bid on the item.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

And don't DARE to twitch an eyebrow! Just sit (or stand) as still as a statue.

Try Claremart for live auctions - also look in the Week-end Argus because most of the auctions are advertised there. I just have to read about them and wish I could be there! :)
          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys, thanks lilythepink I will keep a look out in the argus.

Anyways keep the stories coming, love reading it!!!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, Veto111 and welcome to the forum. Some of us are batty, others are clever, and one travels around the streets in a shopping trolley with the bag ladies chasing him (and he got his teeth at the charity shop!)
              Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
              Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

A true story about my wife ... many years ago, when her sister was moving into a place of her own and needed a fridge, the two of them went off to an auction on a Saturday morning in East London. I was left to babysit our two young sons, one of whom was about 8 months old at the time. In due course I got a call from wifey to say I needed to come through with the bakkie to pick up the fridge they had bought for R10 (would equate today, I think, to R500). Quickly I changed baby's nappy, put him in his car seat, and off the 2 boys and I set. On arriving there, wifey noticed that baby's one arm had been tucked into his nappy, with his hand coming out down the leg (no wonder he howled all the way to the auction house!)

Then, the "bargain" fridge was taken home, switched on, and just got hotter and hotter until we heard an almighty explosion, saw smoke coming from the fridge and realised it was not the bargain we had thought it was. We still have this as one of the family jokes today!
                There are old pilots and bold pilots.
                But there are no old, bold pilots.

Comment

I went to my first auction today and besides enjoying it i was surprised at what prices the items on auction went for. I did not buy anything but went for the experience.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by wayjen View Post
                    I went to my first auction today and besides enjoying it i was surprised at what prices the items on auction went for. I did not buy anything but went for the experience.
                    Surprised as in shocked :o.....I know I always am.
                    VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

yeah the stuff although big were going for a song and dance (give me a mouse and i would have won the auctions hands down) the smaller items were nothing fancy but wow what bargains were on auction.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

yeah the stuff although big were going for a song and dance (give me a mouse and i would have won the auctions hands down) the smaller items were nothing fancy but wow what bargains were on auction.
                        Depends though what time of the month you go as well, end of month & beginning of month you see the same items going for anything up to 10x more but at this time of the month nobody has money to spend........that's when you jump in and grab the bargains :D
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

It was a treat to go to both sites although only one site had the auction. Our mutual friend knows all the people there and it was a laugh a minute to see him rattle them. We going next week again he said.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

It was a treat to go to both sites although only one site had the auction. Our mutual friend knows all the people there and it was a laugh a minute to see him rattle them. We going next week again he said.
                            The one you are referring to is too far for me, I go to the one where our mutual friend used to go although I must say it is extremely quiet there these days.
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by voldermort View Post
                              The one you are referring to is too far for me, I go to the one where our mutual friend used to go although I must say it is extremely quiet there these days.
                              we even went for burgers and coffee afterwards, I can go sleep now.

*VIVA Burgers, VIVA*

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X