Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Jailbreak - Sony Granted Temporary Restraining Order Against Manufacturer's

Sony’s on going legal battle against PS3 jailbreaking. This document is a signed order by Judge William H Alsup, granting SCEA a temporary restraining order against the named defendants, and unnamed defendants, John Does #10 through 100.

Sony’s case begins in front of Judge Vaughn R Walker for a hearing on the order to show cause on October 12, 2010 at 10 AM in Courtroom 6, 17th Floor, 450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco CA 94102.

1. Defendants and their officers, employees, attorneys and representatives, and all other persons or entities in privity or acting in concert or participation with defendants, are immediately temporarily restrained from selling, offering for sale, marketing, advertising, promoting, installing, distributing or otherwise trafficking in circumvention devices, including but not limited to any or all of the PS3 Jailbreak devices, any copies or versions of backup manager or any other hardware or software that bypasses technological copyright protection measures in SCEA’s PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system;

2. Defendants shall preserve all communications, including email communications, and other documents relating to their purchase, sale, receipt or distribution of circumvention devices, including but not limited to the PS3 Jailbreak devices, the backup manager or any other hardware or software that bypasses technologicalcopyright protection measures in SCEA’s PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and that defendants shall not delete, remove, transfer or in any way dispose of such communications and documents;
    want to read the full story go to - PSGroove.com » Blog Archiv » SCEA Granted a Temporary Restraining Order

Sony has done a little more than go to court...

PS3 owners will, in the future, have to update their firmware with an update that kills the jailbreak's ability to play borrowed games and the like.

It's all in the mind!
    bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's Largest Online Market Place.

bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Well I can't say I'm too sad about this, the manufacturers are all (understandably) clamping down on piracy and as someone who always prefers owning the original I think it's better for the quality of games that we get if there's less piracy. Also I find with old games that I have downloaded you don't actually value them that much anyway, I've never gone to the trouble of unlocking everything or completely finishing any game I got for free. You appreciate the details more if you've paid money for it.
      And all the people who whine about the fact the manufacturers are making so much money anyway etc should grow up, certain car manufacturers make a lot of money but people still buy their cars because it's what they want, why should games be any different? Just because you can get something for free on the internet doesn't automatically mean you should be entitled to play it on your console, so you should just be glad you got to play some free games for a while and either sell your console or start saving up for a few decent games a year.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
      X