No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushroom Starter Kits

Hello All

Does anyone know where I can buy mushroom starter kits, spores, substrates, etc? All the South African websites I found are inaccessible or no longer exist. I believe there used to be someone advertising in Farmer's Weekly - does anyone know about them?

Regards
    Maggie
    "To see a world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    and Eternity in an hour"
    William Blake

Hi Maggie. They used to be advertised quite freely in "The Farmers Weekly" magazine, as you say. Perhaps keep checking? Good luck.
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Thanks Lily

I searched Farmers Weekly online yesterday and found an article about a company in KZN who offer mushroom spawn, DVD's etc. I made contact with them and am happy to say I have their price list and other details. Thanks for your input.

BTW: are you a cockatoo fan? I have about 30 parrots, mostly African Greys

Regards
      Maggie
      "To see a world in a grain of sand
      and Heaven in a wild flower
      Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
      and Eternity in an hour"
      William Blake

Comment

Yes, I am definitely in love with my cockatoo - hence his picture on the Forum! He goes shopping with me, on holiday with me, to the doctor - you name it, everyone around me knows him and he talks quite sensibly to most folk.
        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

There are still weekly adverts in the Landbouweekblad, I think those are for normal mushrooms. BUT go have a look at www.mycophiles.com for growing gourmet mushrooms.

Comment

Working...
          X