Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it?Emerald or kryptonite!?

Hi ,could one of you gemstone experts possibly help with the description of the stone I have listed.
    I attach a pic showing a top view size being tapered at 48mm long x 25.5mm at the widest and 12mm at the thickest.
    Sort of shaped like a rounded off sharks tooth:o
    Would be really grateful for any advice.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brasser; 29-07-09, 18:08. Reason: add another pic

hi, the photo is way to vague to give any idea of the type of stone, do you have a better quality image?

cheers Jeff
    Motherearth - Fine Jewelry and Gemstones
    http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/userpr..._UserId=480951

Comment

Hi thanks for response. I hope the second image is a little more clear to you.

Comment

Emerald?

These might help
        Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion, according to the features the images present, it looks like a toss up between Zoisite (along the lines of Ruby Zoisite - Anyolite - black marks in green), or possibly MawSitSit? If the lines / speckles were dark green and the green more "clear" then the first gem that came to mind was Aventurine.

I could be wrong though... (looked in my gem book and Zoisite was the closest too)
          Click here for great deals!

Comment

Think cali Craft is right.

My guess would be Ruby Zoisite or green aventurite

Comment

Or Jadeite, Nephrite, poor turquoise, glass, plastic, old cheese etc.
              It really is impossible to tell just from the photograph. We could at best offer a guess, but even then we would need a much higher quality and bigger image. (The above are good possibilities though...)

Comment

Thank you everyone for the advice.I think I will stick to man made things.Much easier to describe!

Comment

Sorry, I really didn't mean to put you off. Just don't want to see you land in hot water because opinions based on a pic.

Comment

No probs LUKNESS, I realise that I should stick to things I know about and leave the jewelry to my better half. I have the article up for sale on BoB and I believe that I have not misrepresented the item in anyway.To me its just another semi precious stone.Could be rock hard green cheese though:)Thanks for the input anyway, regards, Brasser

Comment

I'm still hoping for Kryptonite!

Comment

Working...
                      X