This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemstone rings??

Is it normal to have gemstone rings in the Gems section?

Shouldn't they be in the Rings - gemstones section?
    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

I would think so but I suppose if something contains gemstones then it could be listed in either place? What do others think?
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

The listings could also have been put in the additional category at a fee

Comment

Thank you!

Many thanks LilythePink and Lukeness! Just the first time I (in my great newness) had observed this.

Got a bitofa surprise this morning seeing a whole load of metal in the gem section - recovered quickly though ...

Hava lovely day!:D
        "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Please report these to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za or use the "Spot a Problem" link on the item page. Rings should not be listed under the gemstone categories, rather under jewellery.

Comment

Except, unless I'm mistaken, if the seller has opted for a Promotional Category Listing where you may:
            List your item in a second Promotional category

Comment

Originally posted by qball View Post
              Please report these to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za or use the "Spot a Problem" link on the item page. Rings should not be listed under the gemstone categories, rather under jewellery.
              I agree with Msplod, it is a bit of a shock when you open the gem section and all you see is jewellery. If buyers wants to view these items, they will go to that category, but instead they have to scroll through 2 pages before they get to the actual reason as to why they viewed gemstones.

On the sellers behalf, we all pay to have frontline exposure and now with all of this going on. What is the point of paying, we might as well just list all over the show as it looks like a circus right now in our section.

Regards
              GemHeaven
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by GemHeaven View Post
                On the sellers behalf, we all pay to have frontline exposure and now with all of this going on. What is the point of paying, we might as well just list all over the show as it looks like a circus right now in our section.

Regards
                GemHeaven
                Maybe the gem traders should start selling some of their finest as priority listings in the "Toys and hobbies" section to get a point across?

Sorry, doesn't contribute at all really - but I do think it is tough enough for the gem traders already, without having to deal with jewellery being plugged into the mix.

Comment

LOL...yes I totally agree with you. It is very frustrating.
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeness View Post
                    Except, unless I'm mistaken, if the seller has opted for a Promotional Category Listing where you may:
                    If the item fits into more than one category, the seller can list it in a second 'Promotional' category.
                    That item would fall under Gemstone Rings and Jewellery & Watches - Rings, as a first and second 'Promotional' category. It is the only two categories it fits in. ;)
                    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
                    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

The trouble is that part of the terms is only stated under the fees and not where the listing option is given.

Comment

And they're back!!

The rings are back in the Wednesday crazy auction...

I have asked the sellers - hopefully politely - whether they would mind keeping the rings where they belong.
                        Last edited by MsPlod; 03-05-10, 08:43. Reason: Changed "seller" to "sellers" - plural!

Comment

Not according to this jewellery trader...

Originally posted by admin View Post
                          That item would fall under Gemstone Rings and Jewellery & Watches - Rings, as a first and second 'Promotional' category. It is the only two categories it fits in. ;)
                          Here is my question to one of the jewellery sellers - and her response (it is all available in public view - so nothing disclosed that should not be...)

Your question was;
                          Isn't this (and your other gem rings) more appropriate within the rings and jewellery sections? It is most frustrating to look for gems and have to wade through jewellery. Please understand that...

The answer is;
                          Hi, maybe not you, but a lot of other gemseekers also buy jewelery with valuable gems for the sake of the gem and not the jewelery. When I feel that the gem is worth listing in the gem section, I list it there for the people who is interested. Surely its not THAT bad scrolling past it, if you are not interested? Greetings

My gut response to that is that "All other gem seekers buy toilet paper - but have no interest in seeing it advertised in the gem section - despite the high demand and real need to use it daily" - but of course I am much too polite to put that out in public - just venting here - beg pardon!!

Ugh!!

Comment

LOL, Ms Plod!! But I am in total agreement with your sentiments! A ring is NOT a gemstone, even though it may contain a gemstone. Same as a ring is not gold bullion, even though it contains gold!
                            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

The seller is trying to take advantage of a loophole he / she has found in the system!

If a buyer wants jewellery, then they will look in the Jewellery section.

If a buyer wants gemstones, then they do not want to wade through stacks of jewellery listings just to find what they want! This jams the system unnecessarily and frustrates potential buyers.

I for one have been put off bidding on the crazy gem listings due to the amount of listings that "don't belong" in that particular section!

Perhaps it is ok for one or maximum two listings being promoted in the section, but NOT nearly all of the particular sellers' listings! (as at 08h55, fourteen out of 66 entries of jewellery in the gem section from two sellers - 21% of the section to items that don't belong there!)

Last edited by Cali Craft and Gems; 03-05-10, 08:58.
                              Click here for great deals!

Comment

Working...
                              X