Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pewter...

(This is actual for casting toy soldiers, but...)

Where can I get lead-free pewter and how much does it cost?
    Obligatory link to my listings.

Some sources

Try these importers...

Mimmic | Pewter Shop

You should not be paying more than around R170/kg according to this manufacturer...

AMT Composites - news - how to mould and pewter cast using silicone rubber
    "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Thanks. I emailed Mimmic, as they only advertise rolls of pewter foil.

Comment

Originally posted by RISadler View Post
        Thanks. I emailed Mimmic, as they only advertise rolls of pewter foil.
        There are also a number of companies that use pewter, as well as arts and crafts groups that do pewter "classes". Maybe email them and request contact details for pewter ingot suppliers. I suspect that you may have to come to CT - not sure whether you'll find anything in the Southern Cape - although there may be a supplier in George?

Good luck... Love tin soldiers - remind me of my childhood (loooong ago) - we used to paint them - and then lose them in sandheaps.
        "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

I just realised a very important point: We're on BidorBuy, so how about somebody listing pewter ingots for sale?

Comment

You could also try Heritage Crafts in Johannesburg. Not sure if they've got pewter but they seem to carry stock of things for almost every hobby/craft.
            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Working...
            X