Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Pocket Watch ?

I have recently come into possesion of what seems to be a gold pocket watch the make is caravalle on the back it says base metal N4, if anyone can help i would be grateful! was bought from Schwartz Jewler in Sandton about 35 years ago?
    If the sunrise was meant to be appreciated it would only come up at 10am!
    Items I have for sale.

Links to other sites where these can be purchased cannot be posted on the forum.

Thanks
    Cuan

Comment

Hi Nubbi

I Found this for you

Since about 1890, all watch cases made of gold must have the actual gold content stamped inside the case. Unless your watches have these marks, such as ".585/1000," or "U.S. Assay 14K Guaranteed," they would not be pure gold, but would be gold plated, or with a very thin gold wash to make them look like gold. This said, I have yet to see a Caravelle pocket watch in a solid gold case. Look inside the case for the marks. These watches would not have much value to watch collectors. I found that the value whould be around R2000.00-R3000.00 on the internet if one whould buy it from a collector , But I may be wrong .

Hope this helps

Regards
      Adriaan
      luxurytime
      You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely take care of it for the next generation

Comment

Hi chanchalseo

You are not allowed to post links to other websites. Please remove!

View my items on bidorbuy!

Comment

Hello Luxurytime

I like you postscript “You never actually own a Patek Philippe”.

How true in my case!

Regards

Jacques
          Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
          Items I have for sale.

Comment

Working...
          X