No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Alloys???RGP???

Hi
    I am new to buying jewellery online. I have come across some ads that advertise gold alloys. My understanding of alloys are that some other metals are mixed with solid gold to either make it stronger/ less expensive or to change the colour of the gold. Am i right in understanding that there should still be a stamp stating xx karat(k/kt) ? Also, from what i read, RGP is rolled gold plated which is completely different to alloys right as it is a thin sheet of gold wrapped around a cheaper metal?
    So what do i do if i receive an item that in an advert says gold alloy but on receipt has a RGP stamp on it? Some help would really be appreciated.
    Last edited by fairoez78; 03-12-09, 00:11.

All Jewelery is made from Gold alloys...as follows: Yellow Gold (22K) Gold 91.67%, Silver 5%, Copper 2%, Zinc 1.33%; Red Gold (18K) Gold 75%, Copper 25%; White Gold (18K) Gold 75% Platinum or Palladium 25%; or Gold 75%, Palladium 10%, Nickel 10%, Zinc 5% 24 karat gold is as pure as gold for jewelry gets.

Rolled gold is a very thin sheet of gold that is laminated to a lesser metal (usually brass). The two layers of metal are heated under pressure to fuse them together. The sheet is them rolled into a very thin sheet and then used to make jewelry. Jewelry made from rolled gold are durable. Rolled gold pieces are marked rolled gold plate, R.G.P.
    Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

Thanks for the reply :)

Comment

Working...
      X