Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Idea What This Was Used For ?

Can any of the Military users tell me what this was used for?
    WW1 made by John Pound & Co.
    Attached Files
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

Lunch??? :p

Sorry, no clue
    "Where Delivery Meets Expectation"

Comment

A google search found this "John Pound & Co were a firm producing high quality luggage and luxury dressing cases" but I don't think this helps in determining what exactly the one you have was used for
      MY ITEMS

Comment

Yes! Hubby and I did hours of research yesterday and it seems the company produced all kinds of luggage, wallets etc.
        I have sent photo's to a military site and they do not think it is Military.
        I am just wondering if it is not tobacco related or hunting gear.
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Don't rule out drugs, geewhizz! ;)
          Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
          Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Shooting/ target related for sure!
            This looks like some that I have seen before, all shooting and target shooting boxes for components. ;)

Comment

Yes this is what I was told but I emailed these pictures to a military website and he reckons John pound never made military equipment. I am just wondering if the 2 parts--The leather case and the inside---are not original but put together later. i.e. a home job.
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

It looks a little like those coin bags that garage petrol attendants used to use. lol

Comment

Would have been too heavy if the bag was full, wouldn't it Lukeness? The poor petrol attendant would have been dragging himself around, unless he was a ninja?!

Comment

this looks about double the size of those.
                    Could be a medicine bag of some sort?

Comment

Hi, only saw this post now.

My late stepfather had something similar to this which he had inherited from his father. He (grandfather) was a telecommunications operative in the Rhodesian Bush Wars in the Rhodesian Royal Air Force. The bag held the (radio) equipment and tools and spare batteries.

As far as I know there is a website dedicated to the RRAF veterans and collectors of this type of item. The website is currently being managed by a few veterans and the children of veterans. (I know this because I have a Pewter Mug in my possession with the insignia of one of the battalions awarded to my step Grandfather and contacted them once) - this was about 2 years ago, so you could perhaps google the RRAF if the site still exists.

Hope this will help.
                      "It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness" - Chinese Proverb
                      "Be always at war with ur vices, at peace with ur neighbors and let each New Day find u a better Person"

Comment

Well, Pam, you made a good sale. Congratulations. (I wonder what the buyer will be using this bag for - seems he/she has quite a few options!) :D

Comment

Mmm Interesting item.!!
                          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by BeadsandBaubles View Post
                            Hi, only saw this post now.

My late stepfather had something similar to this which he had inherited from his father. He (grandfather) was a telecommunications operative in the Rhodesian Bush Wars in the Rhodesian Royal Air Force. The bag held the (radio) equipment and tools and spare batteries.

As far as I know there is a website dedicated to the RRAF veterans and collectors of this type of item. The website is currently being managed by a few veterans and the children of veterans. (I know this because I have a Pewter Mug in my possession with the insignia of one of the battalions awarded to my step Grandfather and contacted them once) - this was about 2 years ago, so you could perhaps google the RRAF if the site still exists.

Hope this will help.
                            Spent over an hour on radio equipment research but still have not come up with anything.
                            This John Pound made leather luggage so still a mystery
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                            X