Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhodesian bushwar

my folks lived in Rhodesia durring the war and my father served in the 10th battalion, my mother made a scrap book of every single newspaper clipping about the war durring this time! I have been offered R1000 for it? should I hold out for more?
    If the sunrise was meant to be appreciated it would only come up at 10am!
    Items I have for sale.

I would hold on, unless you need the money, which I doubt.

Comment

thanks countrygirl
      Items I have for sale.

Comment

Your Ancestors will haunt you till Doomsday come if you even try to sell the Album--no money can buy memories.Hannes

Comment

I fear the bank manager more than the ancestors??
          Items I have for sale.

Comment

Wake up call!!! Militaria collectors, let us keep this site alive, direct any question on Militaria to Nubbi,if his answers run out I might give an input--

Comment

hahahahahaha!!
              Items I have for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubbi View Post
                my folks lived in Rhodesia durring the war and my father served in the 10th battalion, my mother made a scrap book of every single newspaper clipping about the war durring this time! I have been offered R1000 for it? should I hold out for more?

Btw, you still have this scrapbook??? .. thanks... Len

Comment

yup I still have it
                  Items I have for sale.

Comment

yup I still have it
                    Cool.. was wondering did your mum glue or tape the articles into the scrapbook? Must be a thick scrapbook, how many pages is it or what are the dimensions? Would it be possible to see some scans/photos of it? Would be nice to see the cover and a couple of the inside pages :) Maybe I could make you a better offer than you were given before :) thanks.. Len

Comment

hi Len

the book is 33cms x23cms and is very thick it weighs in at 2,5kgs - my mum used selotape and some of the articles have come loose with age but are all still in great shape and are all there, there really are a huge amount of articles. the photos are a bit large and i dont have a resizer so if you give me your email i will send them directly to you?
                      Last edited by Nubbi; 05-06-12, 10:40.
                      Items I have for sale.

Comment

Hi Nubbi,

There are some serious ex-Rhodies belonging to the M.OT.H.S. in Polokwane , that might be interested. I remember them from my time there.

Comment

Guys get hold of the new book Viscount Down and the DVD, I was at the launch and there is talk about turning it into a movie.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by wayjen View Post
                            Guys get hold of the new book Viscount Down and the DVD, I was at the launch and there is talk about turning it into a movie.

Hi.. I just saw the website of Keith Nell about this incident.. I would love to get a copy of both the book and dvd - see if I can get an autographed copy :P . would make an interesting movie for sure.. will be interesting to see if it happens or not.. Len

Comment

Originally posted by FUTURO View Post
                              Hi.. I just saw the website of Keith Nell about this incident.. I would love to get a copy of both the book and dvd - see if I can get an autographed copy :P . would make an interesting movie for sure.. will be interesting to see if it happens or not.. Len

I was there as I said and I knew nothing about the incident until about a week before the launch and it was very interesting. He did sign books for those that bought a copy.

VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X