Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Propoganda S.A. liberation Struggle."

Hi, can anybody please help and tell me if the the following item has any value as a "Militeria Collectors Piece" and if so what its possible value may be.

Discript. of item: Springbok Memo Book ( 80mm X 120mm) 96 page ruled feint.
    The 1st 2pages are blank ruled pages followed in print with the "propoganda"
    "The Road to South African Freedom - Programmes of the South African Communist Party.Followed by the following for next 75 pages:-
    "Communism - vital force of our times
    The African Revolution
    Colonialism of a special type
    The forces of change
    The National Democratic Revolution
    Immediate proposals of the communist party"
    The next 2 pages are blank followed by 2 blank ruled pages. Thanks.

Seems to me this was probably an "under the counter" printing, which already would give it some value, not sure though if this would be a "militaria collectors piece" possibly rather "collectable africana".
    As to the price, it would depend what a collector is willing to pay, perhaps put it on a longish auction starting at a reasonable price and the chances are good that if it is valuable the bids will rise accordingly.
    Good Luck.
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi thanks for the advise but what would be a reasonable price. You are correct it was very " under the counter printing" and was I am to believe smuggled into the countory during the late 1970's and or early 1980's.
      Thanks again. Dan

Comment

Remember that the SACP was smaller than ANC, PAC, so "under the counter" printings would be worth more as less were distributed.
        Obviously I cannot tell you how much to sell your items for, also it is very difficult to see the condition from the image above, however if this were my item I would list it for a 21 day auction, putting it under Priority Listings, writing as much as I could about the item (remember also when selling on BOB there is no such thing as too many images) and I would put the starting price at between R1 000 - R1 500.00 with a suitable bid increment.

Good Luck.
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi thanks for the advise. Will consider doing as you suggest. Regards Dan

Comment

Working...
          X