Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4 Bayonet

Hello all, a few weeks back somebody was advertising a R4 bayonet I would like to get into contact with this person or do you know where I can buy one?

Originally posted by WRANGLER_4X4 View Post
    Hello all, a few weeks back somebody was advertising a R4 bayonet I would like to get into contact with this person or do you know where I can buy one?
    If this is the item that you are talking about:

Bayonets - RSA Bayonet for R4 rifle. for sale in Johannesburg then I think the seller is MissSale - ask her if she still has this item by asking a question on one of her other items...

Items for sale from MissSale on bidorbuy.co.za
    VIEW MY ITEMS!!

Comment

Hello all

Was the R4 bayonet EVER used by the (then) SADF?

I am not trying to be a wise guy here, I am just curious. I have had military training with both the R1 and the R4 and never saw a single bayonet while on active service (including “border camps”).

Regards

Jacques
      Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
      Items I have for sale.

Comment

SADF R4 Trials Bayonet Scarce trials bayonet ordered from Eickhorn of Germany for use on SADF R4/CR21 rifle project. M-16 wire-cutter type, obtained unissued from Armscor stock. Complete with barrel band bayonet attachment lug. Of particular interest to S.A. collectors.
        Art, Stunning Ceramics, Jewellery Visit my Bob Shoppe, Antiques, Books, Music, Hand Basins and More

Comment

update

Hello all, I actually found this seller, bought the item, for R1 800. found out too late that it is in fact not actually for the R4. rifle but it was manufactured in Germany for a variety of assult rifles, it thus did not fit in with my collection, thus I put it back up on bid or buy for auction and sold it for R750. I basically did not care what I got for it, however I should have done my homework better on this item.

Anyway basically The SADF converted 1000 R1 Apple core bayonets with a special sleeve inside to fit onto the R4 rifle, I have no idea what happened to them.

Thank's guys.:)

Comment

R4 Bayonet

R4 never had a bayonet. SADF uses a "modified" chromed R1 bayonet placed on an R4 for parades.

Comment

Working...
            X