Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass in Military button

I was shown an item I have never seen before. It was a Military button that screwed off at the back to reveal a compass.It was obviously meant to be secretly hidden.
    Does anyone know how many of these were made?
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

I've got 6 beautiful miltary buttons with horse heads on them - now rushing off to see whether the backs screw off any of them! lol
    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

List it,might have some value for WW2 collectors

Comment

Originally posted by hannesg2006 View Post
        I would love to list it but the lady did not want to sell it.
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by hannesg2006 View Post
          If I were to list my military (horse) buttons, where do you suggest I should put them so they get proper exposure? (I must go and find them before I can list them but I think I know where they are!) I think the buttons I have could be from WW1 but don't know anything about them, I have to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by lilythepink View Post
            If I were to list my military (horse) buttons, where do you suggest I should put them so they get proper exposure? (I must go and find them before I can list them but I think I know where they are!) I think the buttons I have could be from WW1 but don't know anything about them, I have to admit.
            Put some photo's on here. The military guys may have an answer,. I would surf the web--so can you
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Brilliant idea, geewhizz. Just to find the time ....

Comment

Some Info from British Militeria Forum

It sounds like an RAF Tunic button devised for escape and evasion on event of capture. Is there an RAF crest on it?

Here is a link about these. http://snyderstreasures.com/pages/compass.htm#soe There must have been thousands of these made. There were, after all, thousands of aircrew. I have never thought about collecting these, maybe because I don't remember seeing them for sale.

Bosley's Buywyze site has one listed, though it has been sold. If memory serves me right it was about 400.

Last edited by admin; 27-02-10, 22:40. Reason: Removed external link

Comment

Working...
                X