Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any property/land sold on Bidorbuy?

Anybody sold a house or land on the site?
    View my items on bidorbuy!

me - nope
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

why, do you want to sell yours? also didn't see anything sold yet.
      Home made chocolates at its best!

Comment

Caz - do you want to start selling houses on BoB?

Wont the success fees be a bit high?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Worth it

It's cheaper than selling through an estate agent. Always looking for new ideas to make some extra money.

Just thought if someone had sold one I could perhaps look at the old listing to get some ideas of how they go about it. Know a bit about real estate - could always be an option if people did buy property through the site?

You never know. :lol:

Comment

true - but you still have to pay all the attorney / transfer fees.

Estate agents charge +/- 5% commision or something - not too sure

Comment

Charge

Transfer fees etc are for the buyers cost not the seller. Estate agents here charge anything from 4 to 7.5% - BOB charge is quite a bit lower, so definately money to be made if people do buy houses through auctions.

Not sure if people do. But could be lucrative if it worked. Must give it a try sometime I think.

Comment

sounds worthwhile.

The online estate agent (ownerselling or something like that) charge a lot less than that. But i dont they have over 100 000 visitors to their site every month

BoB is definately a place to sell

Comment

House

Now to find someone to let me sell their house - then I can give it a test run and see.

Comment

Sold

Hi there - I could get far too hooked on these discussions!
                    I have had one of my own properties listed here for the last few weeks and I have to tell you that the response to my classified listing here has been better than any newspaper response. By the way, although i do not sell property anymore i am still a registered estate agent, as I now do trust accounting to the industry and so still have a connection to selling.
                    All property listings here on BoB are classifieds so all you pay is R50 a month for the ad and interested parties contact you - NO success fees so if you sell you could make a good few bucks here. However, strictly speaking if you sell for a third party you are supposed to register with the Estate Agency Affairs Board but they are SOOOOOO inefficient right now that I doubt that ANYONE would know the difference. I reckon that the more properties that are place d here the more successful it could be - you know, more stock = more sales!

Comment

Property

How does one register with the Estate Agents board? Out of interest. I like to always keep things above board.

This looks like a great market and I have some contacts in the Industry, but would prefer to go it alone if possible.

Comment

sold

If only it were that easy - I am still at home right now (should have been at my office an hour ago!). I will send you a PM with more info on what is involved and how to contact them from my office. Give me an hour or so.

Comment

Help

Thanks shellbee - much appreciated.

Comment

sold

Hi Caz, having a hectic morning here - contractors all over my new offices.You need to go onto the Estate Agency Affairs Board website - it is easier to go onto their site and browse than for me to give you the whole waffle. I suggest you do a google search for their address - don't think I am allowed to post a URL here?
                            Basically, in terms of the act you have to register as an agent in order to sell but you would have to pass their exam first so it is a mission. Exam is VERY easy and there are many places who offer training for this exam - at least once done you are qualified for life! If you have any questions please ask and I will help.

Comment

Shellbee

Thanks for all the help Shellbee - I'm definately going to look into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X