Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philatelic quiz

You asked for it Gabriel, Here is the first of what I hope will be many more.

WHO IS THE (Ooooops, Sorry No Capitals) the only Country in the world not to print their name on their stamps and why.

I will watch with Interest and will tell you when the first correct answer comes through.

Quote for this entry: GENEROSITY Lord, I pray I would be rich in good deeds, generous and willing to share. 1 Timothy 6:18
    ANSWER:
    0%
    Answer WHY:
    0%

I think it is England.....Not to sure why though

Terrance

"I can only please one person a day, and today ain't your day... (tomorrow ain't looking good either)".

Comment

GB. :D
      My age is but an irrelevant number !
      Items I am selling.

Comment

Hi

Great Britain because the stamps are used through out the United Kingdom, Scotland, Wales etc

Gabriel1
        Items I have for sale.

Comment

Trevor Alloway and Gabriel move to almost the front of the class and receive a B+ for correctly answering the first half of the question Very well done Guys. :D

However, it is not over yet. Who will be the winner :?:

Now all 3 need go back to the drawing board and research the second half of the quizz for your destinction mark A++ :arrow:

Comment

Because GB was the first country (and only country at the time) to issue postage stamps so therefore claimed this right!!!! :?
            Items I am selling.

Comment

clever boy

Eureka. Someone out there pays attention and has learnt his lessons exceptionaly well. Move to 1st in the class and Very Well Done 10 out of 10 A++

Comment

Whats my prize...an UMM Penny Black....thanks in advance. :D
                Items I am selling.

Comment

reward

Prezzies are only given when I reach Queen of Sheba status and not Junior Apprentice

Comment

Oh...I see...I was about to ask for 4 good margins...Good fun...thanks! David. :D
                    Items I am selling.

Comment

you never know

Is it beacuse you are not greedy, but just because you like a lot. 4 Full margins nogal :!: :!: :!:

Comment

Waiting for the next stamp question....this is really increasing your number of posts....you will soon be Queen of Sheeba. Have agreat evening.
                        Items I am selling.

Comment

QUESTION #2 IS POSTED

Thanks David. As for the next question There are none so blind as those who chosse not to see. Check it out :!: The second question was posted over an hour ago. Come on Genius of the class pip everyone again and beat them to the answer

Comment

No Country Name - RSA

‘Who is the only country not to print their country name on their stamp and why?”

Would say RSA. Just look at all the missing Black Printings (No RSA) on the modern RSA stamps.
                            Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
                            Items I have for sale.

Comment

read the answer

Jacques you :o me Did you not read the thread all the way through to see just how many bright buttons there are in the class. We will make true Philatelits boffins here. How about a few questions from you. Your knowledge surpasses the best of them

Comment

Working...
                              X