Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question #3 SACC Catalogue

Do you know who sold the publication rights of the SACCataloque to the Late Lutz Hefferman?

Hi Angela

I will take a flyer, Glen Carpendale?

Regards
    Gabriel1
    Items I have for sale.

Comment

Continue to fly - Incorrect

Comment

SJ Hagger?, Dr Kaplan?, I give up

Gabriel1
        Items I have for sale.

Comment

DONT GIVE UP SO EASILY GABRIEL IT HAS ONLY BEEN 24 HOURS TRY A LITTLE HARDER. PLEASE :arrow: :)

Comment

Coen Slagt?
            Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
            Items I have for sale.

Comment

If it is Coen I will kick myself, I originally went for glen because they both brought out the 1983/84 catalogue together. Anyway I rely alot on you guys for info such as this.

Gabriel1
              Items I have for sale.

Comment

No No No fellas both incorrect. Have another bash at it.

Comment

Old Man Saitowitz?
                  Items I have for sale.

Comment

Need to win a Prize!

Hello Angela

I need some advice on this. Been years since I have won a price for being clever - won a bottle of Laborie Red Wine at Oilfilat last Saturday (a magnificent and underestimated philatelic event!!), but that was in a Lucky Draw.

Nothing stops anyone from starting a catalogue by himself or HERself. So I assume that Lutz bought some kind of Forerunner? Or perhaps the SACC already existed at that stage? Is this correct?

I need clues!

Regards

Jacques
                    Items I have for sale.

Comment

You are correct the plates and everything was handed over to him and the pre-owner gave very indepth infomation, particularly on the Union pictorials, which I sometimes think the info he provided was more in depth that the Union Handbook (considered the Bible of the Union pictorials) He was a vey well know personality with a wealth of philatelic knowledge and also a great loss to the philatelic fraternity.

Comment

Just had a whisky.

It must have been Benje Joseph (owner / director of Robemark). The biggest loss to South African philately EVER.

Regards

Jacques
                        Items I have for sale.

Comment

Whisky certainly agreed with your brain cells Jacques, in fact a few more 'tots' and you will be rated a genius. Move to the front of the class and Gabriel1 will have to get behind you in the line.

You are quite correct - Yes Benji Joseph was a magnificent philatelist/Dealer with a wealth of Philatelic Knowledge, and had the best stamp shop in the whole of the Southern Hemisphere located then in the Carlton Centre. His demise caused a great rift in the stamp world and only one of his 3 sons have continued in his footsteps.

Comment

Robemark

Hello Angela

My first Dealer Lot ever was from Benje.

He sold me a carton (about 400) of SAA Flight Covers at R300-00 ex the auction that liquidated his shop (but not his stock).

I met him thereafter many times at the Blairgowrie Fair (which I used to run with Stephen Hale). What a gentleman. He taught me Union. And I agree with you. What knowledge.

He knew his Union stamps and very often contradicted the Union Handbook. As a youngster I was confused – not knowing whether to believe the spoken word above the printed. In my opinion he also new the Republic Issues very well.

Thanks for your post. We have to remember the past.

Regards

Jacques
                            Items I have for sale.

Comment

You are so right Jacques, It is so tragic that such a wealth of knowledge is lost to us forever and it is only inevitable that along the line of ppassing the knowledge down something is always lost of forgotten. Long may these stalwarts of Philately be remembered. May Benje and Lutz always be fondly remembered for their contribution to stamp collecting and may they both RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X