No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell yor age!

Hello all

Calling on, in alphabetical order, Albertward, Alloway, Gabriel1, Hans100, Rusty500, Savo, Seahorsefanatic, Zetw and ALL other philatelists.

I promise to offer an electronic gift voucher to the value of R100-00 to one Lucky Draw winner.

Please post your age!!! I would really love to work out the average age of the Stamp Lovers on BidorBuy. OK Angela, Lana and Sheann, you are excused. You may join in by simply entering “Twenty Nine”.

I simply hope to prove that stamp collecting is alive and well in South Africa and that the hobby has a brilliant future.

Please do not let me down.

Right Seahorsefanatic, you can start. By now we all know that you are exactly one day older than I am. I have to respect my seniors.

Regards

Jacques
    Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
    Items I have for sale.

Bald Eagle

Hi Jaques.

No longer a spring chicken, now a bald eagle. 44.

Regards
    Rusty500

Comment

Never mind 29, tonight I feel 92 but I suppose it is better than 69 or is it 96. I am sweet 60 not sixteen

Comment

Hi Jacques, I am the old toppie of the bunch 67 next week, but I have a sexy (younger) Wife and a new Grand Child to keep me young(er)!!!!!
        I suppose most of the Philatelists and Stamp Dealers I knew in the 70s and 80 have gone to the big stamp album in the sky.
        And your age Jacques...you might win the prize!
        Have a great weekend. :D
        My age is but an irrelevant number !
        Items I am selling.

Comment

SELL YOUR AGE

Hi Donderstorm

Yes I am 1 day older ( and deeper in debt ) - 47 years old.

At some of the fairs I feel like the yougster- It is alarming how the average age at the fairs, auctions etc is getting older and older.

Lets hope this trend is reversed.

Comment

Like a good cheese or an excellent wine....some of us get better with age! :roll:
            Items I am selling.

Comment

Hello all!

Thanks for the responses. I am 47. So 5 replies (up to now). A combined age of 265 years or an average of 53!

So it seems as if the Bald Eagle is THE Spring Chicken after all.

Please Alloway (regarding the sexy younger wife), do not give the male collectors any ideas!

And Seahorsefanatic, just hang around me all the time at the fairs and auctions. You will feel your age.

Hoping for more replies.

Regards

Jacques
              Items I have for sale.

Comment

My age

What can I say, mentally I still feel 21, sometimes thought, I feel like i am 2000 years old.

My birth certificate says that I am 38 so i guess i will have to go with that. I do feel as though I should be starting to dye the greying beard, thank *** for the long hair, that hides most of the grey ontop.

Anyway..
                Happy bidding and may the Lord's of philately smile down on you as you find that perfect stamp you have been searching for.

Comment

Hello All

So Savo comes along and messes it all up. Rusty is not the Spring Chicken anymore!

6 Replies – Total Age 303 years! Average now ONLY fifty and a half.

Where are you Gabriel1? Embarrassed to SHOUT your age?

Regards

Jacques
                  Items I have for sale.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I will keep this open till coming Saturday morning and then have a physical draw in the presence of at least three “stamp members” of BidorBuy.

Regards

Jacques
                    Items I have for sale.

Comment

Hallo Jacques-----my ouderdom is 33.Dankie vir jou bydrae tot my seel kennis en versameling :D

Comment

Hello Leon

Thanks for joining us!

It is really fantastic to see that kids still collect stamps.

Total age now after 7 replies = 336 years. An average of 48 years.

Regards

Jacques
                        Items I have for sale.

Comment

Hi All, Pleeeeease a few Philatilists in their 90's must register....I am now feeling like the Grandpa of the bunch. Have a good day all. David
                          Items I am selling.

Comment

Hello David

Yes, you are now the undisputed Grand Master.

And I am sitting one year below the average!

Regards

Jacques
                            Items I have for sale.

Comment

Hi Jacques and fellow philatelists (what's feminine for fellow?)

47 Seems to be the hot number here, Jacques, I worked out your age when you said you went to the Army age 24, 6 months before I did, also 24.

Dave K, when it comes to bidding you are still fighting fit.

When you get to our age it is all down-hill, I can't believe it is me when I look in the mirror, Jacques, you are becoming forgetfull, times and car doors etc.

Regards
                              Gabriel1
                              Items I have for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X