Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help identifying the value of a stamp

Hi there can anyone please help in idenifying the value of a stamp if any. It is listed as SACC 238 the SWA Sower. However a clear colour shift is visible, which is not listed as a variety in the catologue any help will greatly be appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Johnny_AA

Hi Johnny_AA,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please see the rule about posting pictures.

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/viewtopic.php?t=2883

Thank you.
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

Hi Johnny_AA

Although a variety in the strictest sense, this is minor and will not be found in the South African Colour catalogue. Many of the stamps printed in the 60's and 70's have shifts in colour ranging from 1 to 2mm.

If you look at the 5th anniversary of Republic set ( 1966 ) as an example and the Verwoerd Dam set of 1972 there are many examples of shift of colour. The SACC only lists major varietes such as mis-perfed stamps, colours missing, etc.

I trust this helps your query

Regards

Comment

Hi Johnny_AA

I would estimate no more than R100 probably alot less.

Regards
        Gabriel1
        Items I have for sale.

Comment

Hi Gabriel 1 and Johnny_AA

This shift in colour would be worth a lot less than R100. The normal stamp used would be worth about 50c and a minor shift of colour probably a few Rand at most.

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys

Thankyou to all who posted a reply to my question of the value of a stamp. I am still new to collecting and this forum has proved very helpfull and educational. I better change the sale price of the item on auction, before I get laughed out of town.

Many Thanks once again
            Johnny_AA

Comment

Working...
            X