This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out Bobbers

Hi All, This forum is very quiet at the moment.Please help me out with this problem. O n the 9th Sept on the Wednesday auction I bid on some postcards ,the bid was for 10 of 14.At the close the cards sold for R1.00 which was great for me.I paid the total amount next morning including for Registered post.Later that day I receive an email telling me the sale was canceled as the vendor had made a mistake,I can have my money back or credit for any other sale.Later I receive a positive rating pertaining to the sale of the cards.I reported this to community watch.What I would like to know how do I rate this seller? He has over 8000 ratings with only 1 negative rating and is a verified seller.We all make mistakes but this one really does smell a bit fishy.I would be interested to know if the other 4 bidders received there cards.Have a great day .Regards Kevin (nivek456)

Hello Kevin

I do not know who the seller is, but I am sure that one of two things might apply.

Either the seller made a genuine mistake or he / she is not prepared to let the postcards go at R1-00.

Either way, the seller has no right to simply cancel a sale!

Why not name the seller / post a link?

Regards

Jacques
    Last edited by dstorm; 22-09-09, 20:06.
    Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
    Items I have for sale.

Comment

I agree, please post a link. David.
      My age is but an irrelevant number !
      Items I am selling.

Comment

Hi Guys.Thanks for the replies.I have no idea how to post a link,the seller was Eastgate stamps and the auction number was 15253040.Regards Kevin

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/15253..._POSTCARD.html
        Last edited by admin; 23-09-09, 16:10. Reason: Inserted link to auction

Comment

Hello Kevin

Please check BidorBuy’s terms and conditions. The buyer can NOT just cancel a sale. Perhaps you should contact the seller and ask him to come up with an alternative solution / some similar postcards.

Regards

Jacques
          Items I have for sale.

Comment

A couple of months back, I had a seller cancel one of my bids (at R1.00 for an item worth much more) just an hour before the sale was due to end. BoB let the seller cancel the item and was quite happy to leave me absolutely furious! Nothing I could do but resolve never to bid on that seller's items again. We all live and learn.
            Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
            Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Hi, I've read the Terms and conditions and this makes the sale smell even more.The seller has rated me positively as though the sale has gone ahead, so as far as BOB is concerned the sale is completed.As stated I have reported to community watch and also forwarded a copy of the email sent to me.So we will have to wait and see what BOB says.Have a great weekend everyone.Regards Kevin

Comment

Just an update. I had to phone the seller to get a refund.It is now in my bank account.There has still been no update from BOB about this Non Sale.Kevin

Comment

Helo Kevin

What was the outcome of this? Please update us.

In a previous post I mentioned: “The buyer can NOT just cancel a sale”. I actually meant that a seller cannot just cancel a sale.

Some time ago I put two Pre-Union Railway Luggage Labels up on auction, expecting (hoping?) to get about R200-00 / R250-00 for the pair. It closed at R1-00!

I still can’t see how the seller can just simply decide to cancel a sale (with BidorBuy’s full blessing?). If this is correct., the Crazy Wednesday Auction will become a farce.

Regards

Jacques
                  Items I have for sale.

Comment

Hi Jacques and all other stamp bobbers, I am waiting for bob to get back to me.I kept getting emails to Rate the seller so I did,the rating was a negative because the sale was canceled,within 10 minutes of posting the rating I received an updated negative rating from the so called seller.I phoned bob this was Tuesday morning and by Thursday the negative rating had gone.So I am now waiting for bob to let me know what has happened.I will let everyone know when I hear.Have a great day.Regards Kevin

Comment

Hi Kevin
                      Call me a cynic,but do you really expect bid or buy to do anything about someone who has sold thousands of items and generated all that income for them?
                      We all await with baited breath and hopeful anticipation that the wrong you were done be righted.
                      Cheers
                      Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by nivek456 View Post
                        Hi Jacques and all other stamp bobbers, I am waiting for bob to get back to me.I kept getting emails to Rate the seller so I did,the rating was a negative because the sale was canceled,within 10 minutes of posting the rating I received an updated negative rating from the so called seller.I phoned bob this was Tuesday morning and by Thursday the negative rating had gone.So I am now waiting for bob to let me know what has happened.I will let everyone know when I hear.Have a great day.Regards Kevin
                        I'm amazed that BoB hasn't sorted this problem out by now. Have you actually sent an email to help@bidorbuy or communitywatch@bob? Perhaps also accounts@bob? The team are usually so quick to assist with problems like this.
                        Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                        Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Hi All

The seller contacted us with an explanation and this was also forwarded to the buyer. The seller made a mistake with the listing, and thus decided to cancel the sale. There have never been any issues with this particular seller, so we do not believe there to be any suspect behaviour. As the seller provided feedback directly to the buyer on the 10th September after we asked them to contact the buyer, there was no reason for us to get involved any further, as it appeared to be a legitimate explanation. There must always be a valid reason, one cannot simply cancel a sale just because they feel like it. The seller also offered a refund or credit for future purchases.

We strongly suggest posting all the relevant facts before posting on the forum as this makes it out that the seller did not have a reason for cancelling the sale nor that they did in fact contact you. We do not penalise users if a legitimate mistake was made.

Thank you
                          Cuan
                          Last edited by qball; 14-10-09, 11:27.

Comment

Working...
                          X