Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A challenge – can you identify this stamp?

Hello All

I am either being tenacious or an idiot (Gabriel1 is not allowed to reply to this statement).

Maybe I am only posting to myself….

I am attaching a scan of a very STRANGE stamp. Yet, it is not a stamp in the traditional manner of speaking. It was issued (or rather produced) for a very specific purpose.

Can anybody tell what it is or rather why it was produced?

The first correct entry will win something - perhaps a Lighthouse stockbook, perhaps a UM Control Block of 4 of the 1997 RSA R20-00 Fish Eagle (Face Value R80-00 – SACC 997). I will first see whether there is any reaction!

Please do not crash the BidorBuy server by posting too many entries.

Thanks and regards

Jacques
    Attached Files
    Philately starts where the catalogue stops.
    Items I have for sale.

I cheated, but think I know what it is.

Just one Q - is this South African? I could only find USA.
    Items I have for sale.

Why do today what you can put off till next year?

Comment

Usa

Originally posted by dstorm View Post
      Hello All

I am either being tenacious or an idiot (Gabriel1 is not allowed to reply to this statement).

I am attaching a scan of a very STRANGE stamp. Yet, it is not a stamp in the traditional manner of speaking. It was issued (or rather produced) for a very specific purpose.

The first correct entry will win something - perhaps a Lighthouse stockbook, perhaps a UM Control Block of 4 of the 1997 RSA R20-00 Fish Eagle (Face Value R80-00 – SACC 997). I will first see whether there is any reaction!

Thanks and regards

Jacques

I think its a usa stamp issued in 1912

Comment

Hello Mellowred

Your honesty is noteworthy, but…..

You are hereby disqualified! (really sorry!).

Yes, it is USA.

And to Timgexxx

It is not a 1912 production / issue, but you are partially right. The design is in fact based on a 1912 USA stamp!

Thanks a lot and regards

Jacques
        Items I have for sale.

Comment

Damn!!!!! and here I thought I could get a bottle of Fish Eagle (or is that a stamp you are referring to ;))
          Items I have for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by dstorm View Post
            Hello All

Thanks and regards

Jacques
            It was made in 1945 --A movie stamp or prop fantasie train--They came in red, green and blue
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Geewhizz! (my exclamation)

And I seriously did not know that they came in different colours. In my very first post on the Stamp Forum I did say that we all have a lot to learn.

The USA “Secret Service” believed that Movie Close Ups of USA stamps on letters could lead to counterfeiting!! (would it not have been easier to counterfeit a real stamp?). Thus this “issue”. A movie prop it is.

So I gracefully award you our First Prize – a UM Fish Eagle Control Block. But now the problem of your address! Maybe via PM?

Thanks a lot and regards

Jacques
              Items I have for sale.

Comment

Now that was really interesting. Thanks Jacques.
                Items I have for sale.

Comment

Maybe Jacques could tell us what this is. It measures just under 1.5cm
                  Attached Files
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                  X