No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dolls & Bears Category

Hi Everyone!

In the Toys & Hobbies category on bidorbuy, we've had concerns that many of the Dolls & Bears are not listed in the correct places. Much of this has been due a lack of some needed categories.

Highlights to this update:

We decided not to go to the level of pre- and post war dolls, but we have added many new categories that should allow for the listing process to become easier. Some of these include space for Antique and Vintage items to be listed for both dolls and bears. Additionally, the collectible dolls section has also moved from Collectable toys to be under Dolls.

Please understand that it will take some time for these categories to be used correctly and for the existing listings to be moved by their respective owners, so please be patient for the time being.

This will be the last major update for this category for some time, but please do give your feedback!
    We are still working on creating more space in the Doll House Miniatures sub-category to cater for every possible requirement - this should be done in the next few weeks.

Thank you for helping make bidorbuy Africa's Largest Online Marketplace, and a pretty awesome one too!

Craig Lubbe

The Dolls and Bears Category

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Clothing & Accessories
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Antique
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Beanie Babies
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Build a Bear
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Collectable
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Miniatures
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Russ
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Vintage
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Bears - Other Bears

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Antique (Pre-1930)
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Barbie
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Barbie Vintage (Pre-1973)
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Bratz
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Cabbage Patch
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Collectable
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Hand-Made
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Hard Plastic
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Porcelain
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Reborn
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Soft
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Vintage
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Vinyl
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Dolls - Other Dolls

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Accessories

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Accessories - Clothing
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Accessories - Cots & Beds
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Accessories - Prams & Strollers
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Accessories - Shoes
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Accessories - Other Doll Accessories

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll House Miniatures

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Houses

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Houses - Kits
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Houses - Modern
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Houses - Vintage
    Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Doll Houses - Other Doll Houses

Toys & Hobbies - Dolls & Bears - Other Dolls & Bears

Craig Lubbe - bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's Largest Online Marketplace.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

:(Hi, thanks for all your effort, but i want to say that i do not like the fact that i cannot see the Reborns Category any more, now i have to click and click and click again to find it and they are not really dolls nor bears. They are highly collectable babies and highly priced too. I really don't think it was a good idea to add them to that collection, currently they are spreaded between all dolls, (Plastic ones Included), people who buy these don't see them as dolls or bears but reborn babies, please think of adding a category of its own like it used to be, regards, Destiny's
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

"Animals Can Communicate Quite Well and They Do and Generally Speaking, They are Ignored!"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you! Criticize me, and I may not like you! Ignore me, and I may not forgive you! Encourage me, and I will not forget you!"

Comment

Just wait until geewhizz logs on. I think she's going to be one very happy lady! Thanks to Craig.

And I think Destiny has a point, Crag. There should be a special, easily found category for the "reborns"!
      Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
      Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Hi DestinysAngels

We have not moved the reborn doll category at all. They have always been under dolls. The change occurred at a higher level. What has happened is that more categories have been added in both the dolls section and the bears section. To make this more navigable for everyone, a deeper structure needed to be created.

I agree that the Reborn Babies are highly collectible and that is why they have their own sub-category. But they are still (highly collectible) dolls in form and it would not make sense for the 30 odd dolls to be elevated to their own category. The same argument could be used for any other category, and this, if implemented, would inevitably end up in a mess.

If you want to link directly to the Reborn Babies, why not consider making a bookmark to the category on your browser?

I assure you though, from a selling point, that we have made sure that this category in particular is well done (technically) and I am confident that all the reborn dolls will be well featured online through search engines etc. So please don't worry about that...

Something on the side - stay tuned for some other cool things that will help you navigate faster (with fewer clicks).. but more on that in the next month or two :-)

Comment

IMG_8619-1.jpg
          Thanks Craig and team. It looks good
          VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks Craig... this is really great and will most definately help for those searching for specific items..lets just hope that they are listed correctly by the sellers!
            Keep up the great work!
            This makes buying and selling on BOB fun!
            Di
            ANTIKTOKTOY

Comment

Originally posted by Craig View Post
              Hi DestinysAngels

We have not moved the reborn doll category at all. They have always been under dolls. The change occurred at a higher level. What has happened is that more categories have been added in both the dolls section and the bears section. To make this more navigable for everyone, a deeper structure needed to be created.

I agree that the Reborn Babies are highly collectible and that is why they have their own sub-category. But they are still (highly collectible) dolls in form and it would not make sense for the 30 odd dolls to be elevated to their own category. The same argument could be used for any other category, and this, if implemented, would inevitably end up in a mess.

If you want to link directly to the Reborn Babies, why not consider making a bookmark to the category on your browser?

I assure you though, from a selling point, that we have made sure that this category in particular is well done (technically) and I am confident that all the reborn dolls will be well featured online through search engines etc. So please don't worry about that...

Something on the side - stay tuned for some other cool things that will help you navigate faster (with fewer clicks).. but more on that in the next month or two :-)
              Thanks Craig, it is just that some buyers might not see it that way, thanks for all your trouble in explaining this too me, i was just worried that it would not feature anymore because when i went to toys and hobbies i could not find it, that baffled me, but all sorted now, have a nice day further!
              VIEW MY ITEMS!

"Animals Can Communicate Quite Well and They Do and Generally Speaking, They are Ignored!"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you! Criticize me, and I may not like you! Ignore me, and I may not forgive you! Encourage me, and I will not forget you!"

Comment

Its a pleasure DestinysAngels :)
                Please do keep the feedback coming in. Often a thing or two is missed and it's always great to have you guys helping out as you spot even the smallest changes - thats great!

Comment

I would prefer to see 1)"Hard plastic" listed as "Hard plastic" 50's and 60's

2)"Collectable" as "Collectable"--modern added-- if this is what this category is meant for.

3)"Porcelain"--Modern added because any OLD porcelain doll would fall under "Vintage" or "Antique"
                  VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

And celluloid dolls - what about celluloid? LOL
                    Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                    Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by geewhizz View Post

2)"Collectable" as "Collectable"--modern added-- if this is what this category is meant for.

3)"Porcelain"--Modern added because any OLD porcelain doll would fall under "Vintage" or "Antique"
                      Then again "hard plastic" from 50's and 60's is Vintage so perhaps it would become confusing.Such a vast field to categorise, categorize catercorise whichever
                      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by geewhizz View Post

We already have the old and new "Hardplastic" listed together. The 2 really need to be distinguised one from the other or otherwise "Vintage dolls" need categories like "Hard plastic" 50's 60's. celluloid,composition etc.
                        VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

What would you have listed under Vintage and Antique then?

e.g.
                          Vintage >
                          Hard Plastic
                          .... .... ....

Antique >
                          .... .... ....

I like that and think it would help distinguish these items form the "modern" products.

Comment

It would probably be enough to refer to the "antique dolls"as pre-1930. Some people would refer to "Antique" as something that is 100 years old but I think we can ignore that here. The cut off really is pre-and post war. Dolls changed immensely during and after the war.Not enough of them turn up to have seperate categories but the "vintage" dolls are a vast field and I think they should have sub-catergories.

1)Porcelain
                            2)Composition
                            3)celluloid.
                            4)Hard Plastic 50's and 60's
                            5)Other "Vintage" dolls to cater for rag dolls which can also be vintage.
                            Including the word "Vintage" would deter users from listing just any other
                            doll.

I also think the porcelain dolls should be called "Modern porcelain" dolls. They turn up often.
                            There are modern hard plastic dolls so even this should be given the word "Modern Plastic"--rather than "hard plastic." The 2 are entirely differant.

Users dont often know what they have and the listings will never be perfect but adding words like"Vintage" and "modern" would help a lot.

I think the bears could just have "Modern collectable"and "Vintage" and "Antique" Most people can tell the differance.

If "collectable" is used on its own some users may list vintage bears under "Collectable"
                            It is the same with the dolls. I think that collectable should be referred to as "Modern collectable" as well. It will keep the 2 Old doll categories apart i.e. Vintage and antique. I mean antique and vintage dolls are collectable so it confuses the issue.
                            Last edited by geewhizz; 17-08-10, 11:21.
                            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Working...
                            X