Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is here!!

WOW!! What exciting scenes It's been a crazy afternoon, countrywide i'm sure...Did you blow your vuvuzela or blow your car hooter? Can you feel it, the World Cup really is here. 2 days to kick off now.

How are you feeling about the World Cup?
    Very Excited, bring on the games!
    35.29%
    Not yet excited!
    17.65%
    Indifferent
    47.06%

It's all in the mind!
    bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's Largest Online Market Place.

bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

:DI blew my tooter between 12h00 and 13h00, but voovoo is out, when i blow i sound like a frog on :o h..t, LOL, my car looks like a South African Christmas Tree, i love it, Bafana lets go!
    VIEW MY ITEMS!

"Animals Can Communicate Quite Well and They Do and Generally Speaking, They are Ignored!"

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you! Criticize me, and I may not like you! Ignore me, and I may not forgive you! Encourage me, and I will not forget you!"

Comment

Well you know what they say, Practice makes perfect...haha. Its good to see people getting into the spirit of the event. May be you should upload a pic so we can see the christmas tree?

It's all in the mind!

Comment

Maybe because we are just minutes away from the stadium we have heard the vuvus & hooters all day.....along the Main Road the taxis are full of supporters with their vuvus, the taxis are using the vuvus instead of their hooters, flags flying on just about every 2nd car you see, banks etc closing at 1.30pm Friday.........it is an exceptionally good feeling, very reminiscent of 1995 when SA won except this time the atmosphere is here & the same and the games haven't even started yet ;) And yes, we were and are blowing our vuvus as well and we have our car flags fluttering too :D
        & the helicopters are flying overhead most of the day & night.......so a lot of good sounds around.
        Last edited by voldermort; 09-06-10, 15:49.
        VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

Look at the crowd in Sandton!

It's all in the mind!

Comment

Oh, so that was the reason for the ruckus.
            Obligatory link to my listings.

Comment

Totally into the spirit!

Our little village is hosting a four large-screen event in the community hall for the Bafana Bafana vs Mexico match... Vuvus blowing off and on during the day - flags flying everywhere - I am loving it!:)
              "Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Comment

Originally posted by RISadler View Post
                Oh, so that was the reason for the ruckus.
                Yes, I did hear on the radio yesterday that some of the main roads in Sandton would be closed today because of this event. Glad I don't work there anymore! :D

We were at the Mugg & Bean in Northgate today at 12h00 - the vuvus were a bit deafening (being inside the Mall).
                VIEW MY ITEMS!!

Comment

Even ol' Grahamstown is having a big screen for everyone in the "eastern" side of town! And, yes, vuvus have been blowing off and on all day today, despite the heavy rain (at long, long last!) which we are having. And it's bitterly cold here. Grahamstown Festival starts next week (18th June) and runs through to 4th July so it's only a few more days of peace and we'll also be inundated with visitors for the Festival.
                  Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world.
                  Today I am wise and am changing myself.

Comment

I'm over the moon with the World Cup, I am not a die hard soccer fan, but I watch it and like due to friends.

Unfortunately I cant stand the Vuvuzelas, I dont mind them being blown at staidums or maybe during the matches. But the people blowing them are so inconsiderate they would blow them at inconvenient places and if you dont like it you're unpatriotic.
                    Maybe I dont like noise, I have a month to learn to enjoy the noise.

Sipho
                    CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL MY ITEMS!

Comment

Originally posted by Skhuu Products View Post
                      if you dont like it you're unpatriotic.
                      Something that has been bugging me regarding these vuvuzela's... where are they made... China?
                      Obligatory link to my listings.

Comment

I'm sure that I read somewhere that they were designed by a South African and would be made in SA?

Comment

I agree with Lily, I think vuvuzela means " helse geraas" in Zulu
                          bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.

Comment

Yes, I think you are right, Andries. And whoever invented, let alone decided on the name of the damn thing, needs his head read! Hope everyone has invested in some good earplugs or we'll have a whole lot of people needing hearing aids in the not too far distant future.

Comment

Mine were all made in SA, bought another one today and it makes a sound like a rocket.
                              Don't forget Friday at 12.00 to blow your vuvus for one minute in support of the cup......I'll keep blowing for one hour :D
                              VIEW MY ITEMS!

“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X