Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog whistle

I am looking for a dog whistle - can anybody help?
    Do the right things right.

Pieter,

What type and what are you prepared to pay.

There are different types avaialble at the better pet stores, the so called silent and others.

billibo

PS: Did you perhaps see the movie "The Doberman Gang"?
    bidorbuy Forum Administrator

bidorbuy.co.za - Africa's largest market place.
    bidorbuy on Facebook ~ What's hot on bidorbuy

< TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE US A GOOD RATING

Comment

dog whistle

No I have not seen that movie.
      I am looking for the silent type and just need it to control my two border collies when I take them for a walk. Our local pet shop dont have any but I might be able to get one in Windhoek.

Comment

Hi Pieter! Are you still looking for a dog whistle? I can get one from a pet store here for less than R50 and list it on BoB as a personal offer item. If you're interested, please let me know!

Just as an f.y.i. update, the specifications on this one is that it has an audible range (to dogs) of 460 meters, whereas most conventional dog whistles only cover 280 meters at best. It is a polished chrome whistle with an orange gleam, approx. 8cm in length with an adjustable pitch toner at the end.

I know about the variety that measures about 6cm in length and is usually coloured aluminium or silver, and I believe you may have obtained one of these, though I may be off. In any case, I'm glad you were able to find one which hopefully suited your needs.
        my dues paid and apologies offered, neither amend my actions, yet both ease my personal torment

Comment

DOG WHISTLE

Hi there, thanks but I found one in a new petshop which just opened up in our town for only 20 bucks.

Comment

Is it the noisy kind that sounds loud because of the tone? Either way, I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for.
            my dues paid and apologies offered, neither amend my actions, yet both ease my personal torment

Comment

DOG WHISTLE

It is a variable pitch jobby. By screwing in or out the front part of the whistle, it varies the pitch.

Comment

I found this blog about dog whistles and I am also looking for one, can someone please help if they know of anything, would be much appreciated, regards merick

Comment

merick,

I start training for my dog tomorrow morning. I will try and find out from the vet about whistles as I am not sure exactly what we are going to do. Our training the call "Clicker" training.

Comment

I have had great success using electric collars on my puppies
                    guns don't kill .......I do

Comment

Working...
                    X