Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telling a friend

Hi to all at bid or buy - any chance you guys could let us add some words when we are "recommending" an item to someone. Ebay does. Often one might want to draw someone's attention to something that's specific about the listing - good value - what a bargain - not quite a match to yours but would do - does he really want R100 for that junk. I once shuddered when sending a tell a friend to an art lover of the most frightening reproduction of the mona lisa imaginable - at R1000 nogal. Fortunately she understood the humour.

On a more serious note I've actually used it to tell good customers of something I know they're looking for that someone else is selling - but I then have to email them and spell out any qualifications or reservations I may have (check the size, check the condition, don't think the feet are original, but could work with this that or the next etc). It's also nice to get a friend's opinion on something you're thinking of buying. - regards Frank

Wow I've read this and am beyond confused. Don't understand really:D
    Jacque31

Comment

Hi there -- not sure of this is what you are looking for... but there is a "tell a friend" under the "place a bid" button... you can also "share on facebook" or "tweet it" ;) Hope this helps... I have used the "tell a friend" a few times when I have seen something my friends or family might like.
      VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Hi lawerncerd.
        There is an icon that you can use to "tell a friend" and works very well. When you open up an item, it is to the right of "add to watchlist" - hope this helps

Regards

Kit
        Items I am selling.

The tongue weighs practically nothing..
        Some people can't hold it!!

Comment

Originally posted by lawrencerd View Post
          Hi to all at bid or buy - any chance you guys could let us add some words when we are "recommending" an item to someone.
          Hi Lawrencerd - very good suggestion. I just noticed that we did not allow users to send some text along with the recommendation. Was a quick fix and now everyone using the "Tell a friend" function on an item can send a custom message along with the recommendation.

The message will be displayed below the item - hope that will help you out with friends who might not have that much of a sense of humor ;)
          Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
          Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

I understood exactly what Lawrencerd was requesting and thanks for the quick action.
            I always emailed the person afterwards to tell them I sent the link and why and also always thought a place for a comment would be nice.:)
            VIEW MY ITEMS!

Comment

Thanks MacMuffin - great addition to the service - much appreciated. - frank

Comment

@ MacMuffin. I really hope you guys get a huuuge bonus this year. 2010 has brought many fantastic features to Bidorbuy, more than I've noticed in the past four years. Well done :D
                See all jewellery from Asha Craft!

"The purest form of love comes from your children."

Comment

Originally posted by Asha Craft View Post
                  @ MacMuffin. I really hope you guys get a huuuge bonus this year. 2010 has brought many fantastic features to Bidorbuy, more than I've noticed in the past four years. Well done :D
                  Thanks - if it was not for everyone's input on this forum and the feedback we get through customer care, our job would be much more difficult.

I will certainly pass your recommendation on to HR (and distribute to the team for the next salary-review) - let's just get some good, continued growth with many more buyers joining and lots of sales for the rest of the year.
                  Review www.bidorbuy.co.za on alexa.com
                  Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Comment

Working...
                  X